The NSHSS Foundation has partnered with the Captain Planet Foundation (CPF) to encourage environmental stewardship among high school students globally through the Earth Day Award competition. Prizes of $500 are given to senior school students in favor of ecological stewardship, leadership, and volunteerism extracted throughout the Earth Day projects.
About NSHSS Foundation
The project was launched in 2013 and is open to all high school students annually. It fosters the growth of graduates enrolled in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), business, economics, public policy, and environmental science and sustainability fields.
Through special programs, including the NSHSS Honor Society, the NSHSS Foundation connects young scholars with additional opportunities to advance their education, personal growth, and career interests.
The objective of National Society of High School Scholars Foundation (NSHSS) will be always to aid in increasing the representation of African American, Hispanic, Asian, Native American females and females in professions in which both these targeted classes are under-represented.
It has the mission of supporting education in the form of scholarships targeted to outstanding, diverse students who express interest in pursuing careers that:
- fuel the global economy
- stimulate innovation and creativity, or
- yield a strong ethical foundation for decision-making.
Level/Field of study:
The competition is available for high school students in the USA who supports environmental stewardship, leadership, and volunteerism extracted throughout the Earth Day projects.
The scholarship is made available for high school students studying within and outside the USA. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship values accrue up to a cash prize of $5000 which will be awarded to the winning high school student.
The number of the opening is not specified.
For an application to be considered for the scholarship, these requirements must be fulfilled as part of the eligibility status;
- All high school students are eligible to apply
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required
- Applicants are to submit details about an environmental project that they are currently working on, or one that will be initiated for Earth Day in their home, school, and/or community. Requirements include a written explanation of the project, including the process, its impact, and how it will impact the future. Submissions should be supplemented with a creative component, such as a video, painting, drawing, or collage that highlights the project.
- For applying the Earth Day Award, the candidates are required to submit the online application form.
In addition to the online application, the candidate is expected to submit the following Supporting Documents:
- Additional materials required include a color headshot suitable for possible website posting. These may be uploaded below or emailed toscholarships-at-nshssfoundation.org
- Applicants are asked to submit details about an environmental project that they are currently working on, or one that will be initiated for Earth Day in their home, school, and/or community.
- Requirements include a written explanation of the project, including the process, its impact, and how it will impact the future.
- Submissions should be supplemented with a creative component, such as a video, painting, drawing, or collage that highlights the project
The deadline for the submission of the completed application packet must be received by March 30th. You can obtain further information by clicking on the Link
We Also Recommend other Scholarship Opportunities.
- ESO 2019 Astronomy Winter Camp In Europe -For Secondary School Students
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program 2019
- THE BEST COLLEGES FOR STEM DEGREES
- EU Legends of Liberia Art Competition for Young Liberian Artists 2019
- Redhead Scholarship 2019 | USA Scholarships
- Scholarships for High School Senior Class of 2019
- 100+OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD IN 2019
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
High school students in USA can obtain $5000 in NSHSS Earth Day Award for High School Students in USA 2019 for supporting environmental stewardship. APPLY