National Science Foundation (NSF) and National Natural Science Foundation, China (NSFC) is delighted to offer its Joint Research Fellowship. The fellowship is available to pursue research programme.
The aim of the fellowship is focusing on strengthening bilateral scientific cooperation; NSF and NSFC are calling for proposals on joint research and development from research groups involving members from both countries.
The National Science Foundation of Sri Lanka (NSF) was established in 1998 as the successor to the Natural Resources Energy & Science Authority of Sri Lanka (NARESA) established in 1981 and the National Science Council set up in 1968.
The National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) is an organization directly affiliated to the State Council for the management of the National Natural Science Fund.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue joint research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the following fields:
- Proposals are called under the following focused areas of mutual interest to address national priorities through Research and Development with a major focus on the Chronic Kidney Disease on Unknown Etiology (CKDu):
- Water & Environment
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- The Sri Lankan Team of the Joint Research Group will be funded by the NSF, Sri Lanka under the ICRP Grants Scheme and the Chinese Team of the Joint Research Group will be funded by the NSFC.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships are not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Sri Lanka, China
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The Principal Investigator (PI) of the Sri Lankan Research Team and collaborating Chinese Researchers are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
Nationality: Applicants from Sri Lanka and China are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- The Principal Investigator (PI) of the Sri Lankan Research Team should fill the application of the ‘International Collaborative Research Programme (ICRP) for the Joint Call for Proposals between NSF and NSFC’ given on the NSF Website and submit the completed application along with 02 sets of photocopies to the NSF, while the collaborating Chinese Researchers should simultaneously submit their Application Form to NSFC given in the respective Website. The project duration should be 3 to 3.5 years.
- An electronic version of the application must also be e-mailed to nsfcjc2017-at-nsf.gov.lk. The completed applications (e-version and hard copies along with other relevant documents) should reach the NSF by 29th December 2017. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 29, 2017.