NNPC/CHEVRON UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2018/2019.
Chevron Nigeria Limited, in collaboration with its Joint Venture partner, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) are delighted to invite applications for its NNPC/CHEVRON undergraduate scholarship. This National undergraduate scholarship is fully funded and it is one of the current scholarships for Nigerian students.
Thus it is Awarded to suitably qualified Nigerian students.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
Chevron is one of the largest oil producers in Nigeria and one of its largest investors.In Nigeria, Chevron operate under a joint-venture arrangement with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for the onshore and offshore assets in the Niger Delta region.Chevron also has extensive interests in multipartner deepwater operations.
Chevron takes its role as a corporate citizen in Nigeria seriously and is active in many projects that promote health, education and economic development.
In 2009, Chevron and its Agbami partners initiated the Medical and Engineering Professionals scholarship program. More than 15,800 college students have benefited from the program, and 310 have graduated with first-class honors.
NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarships for Secondary School students
Chevron and its deepwater partners (AGBAMI SCHOLARSHIPS)have supported secondary schools in Nigeria by building and equipping 33 science laboratories and 18 hybrid – electronic and conventional – libraries. These initiatives have contributed to the education of more than 16,000 students across 33 states.
What You Need to Know About NNPC/CHEVRON UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
This scholarship is taken in any of the Nigerian tertiary institutions .
This scholarship is open to both Nigerian and international second year(200l) undergraduates students studying in Nigeria.
Level/Field Of Study
This scholarship are for full-time SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL)undergraduate degree students of the under-listed courses in Nigerian Universities:
List Of Courses / Departments Eligible for NNPC/CHEVRON UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
The scholarship winner is entitled to afund that will cover its tuition fee through out the rest of its study up to 100,000 naira annually.
Who is Eligible to APPLY FOR NNPC/CHEVRON UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- Applicant must be a Nigerian or international student studying in any of the Nigerian universities in the Country.
- Candidate must be a FULL TIME 200L undergraduate student
- The applicant must be offering any of the List Of Courses / Departments Eligible for NNPC/CHEVRON UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP listed above
- He /she must complete the online application process to be considered for the scholarship.
- Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O’ Level result
- JAMB Result
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
- Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
In line with our e-scholarship administration system, selected students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in selected examination centers nationwide.
Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages. All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that valid GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the web site.
Simple step-by-step of How to Apply For NNPC/CHEVRON UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- log on to /https://scholastica.ng
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on http://scholastica.ng/schemes/cnlawards to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Return to http://www.scholastica.ng/schemes/cnlawards and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
applicants for the NNPC/CNL JV scholarship are ineligible to apply for any other scholarship program sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited, its JV Partners, or any of its affiliates, including the Agbami scholarship program published simultaneously with this NNPC/CNL JV scholarship program
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER VALID PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS.
MULTIPLE APPLICATION LEADS TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.