Entries are currently available for the NNPC/TOTAL National merit Scholarships 2018-2019. The Scholarship is aimed at funding fees for undergraduates in Nigerian Universities. Check the Eligibility requirements for more details.
Annually, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN): Total Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (Total E&P Nig Ltd) and Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI), together with their venture partners, award scholarships to deserving Nigerian students in the tertiary institutions in the country.
The programme is aimed at promoting academic excellence and quality manpower development in the Country. This is one of the many ways TOTAL demonstrates its commitment to the educational development of Nigerian students. It is a part of NNPC/TOTAL’s rich Corporate Social Responsibility.
What you need to know about NNPC/TOTAL Scholarships 2018-2019 for Nigerian Students
This scholarship scheme has been successfully carried out over the years. The 2017/2018 is due and this web portal is dedicated to receiving applications from eligible Nigerian undergraduates.
Level / Field Of Study:
This scholarship is available for Undergraduate students to study any course in Nigeria tertiary institutions
This Scholarship is to be taken in Nigeria. If you are an Nigerian student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The scholarship is open to Nigerians to study in any university in Nigeria.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is a fully fully funded scholarship for undergraduate students. winner will get upto 150,000 naira yearly to cover for tuition fee, accommodation , book allowance etc.
NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarships ELIGIBILITY:
- Be a Registered FULL TIME undergraduate in a recognized Nigerian University
- Be a certified 100 or 200 level student at the time of application
- Show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
- Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
- Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number
- Show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students)
- Students with less than 200 score in UTME need not apply
- Students with less than 2.50 CGPA of 5-point scale, or equivalent
- 300 level students and above need not apply
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from the oil industry need not apply.
HOW TO APPLY for The NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarships:
- Personal Information: Enter your name, date of birth and permanent home address Upload your recent passport photograph.
- Contact Information:Enter your email and mobile phone information. Only use an active email and mobile phone number.
- Origin:Enter your state and local government of origin data. You are required to upload a certificate or proof of origin from your local government or state.
- University Information: Select your university, course and year of study. You will be required to upload your JAMB/University admission letter.
- Result Information:Input your JAMB score or CPGA. You are required to upload your JAMB statement of result and university CPGA. For year two medical students, your JAMB score suffices.
- Review Application:Review your application ensure all fields have been correctly entered. Upload all the documents required:
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Certificate or Proof of Origin
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE)
- UTME result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- 1st Year Result showing CGPA
- Conclusion:Attest that all info given is true. Accept terms and condition. On screen alert will confirm that you have successfully completed the application. You will receive an email to confirm this too.
Application Forms are available here and must be completed online.
The NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarships deadline:
Applications will close on October 31, 2018. Selection tests will hold on December 2, 2018 at designated centres nationwide which will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only. Candidates will fully bear the cost transportation to test venue as no reimbursement shall be made.
Candidates are therefore advised to choose a test center closest to them.