NLNG Scholarships 2020
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) is delighted to invite applications from qualified candidates for the NLNG Scholarships Scheme 2020. This scholarship opportunity is open to all levels of study. It is an annual scholarship in which everyone should look out for.
Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited supports education through several initiatives. One of them is Scholarships. NLNG has a four-tier scholarship program which channels support for human capital development and encourages high performance, ultimately growing a pool of high potential students, graduates, and professionals with a competitive advantage.
This was founded as a critical component of the education intervention program for the host communities in 1998 and later opened up to the rest of Nigeria in 2003.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win this Ebook. To get the E-book for free drop your thought on the article in the comment box and don’t forget to rate this article below.
Before I proceed here are the World Scholarship Forum most popular scholarships. you too can benefit from this list of opportunity as it cut across all nationality.
- 2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020
Now, back to what I was saying, the NLNG scholarship is open to
- undergraduates students both in universities and polytechnics in Nigeria.
- Masters and Ph.D. students who are pursuing professional study outside the country in the United Kingdom.
NLNG Four-tier Scholarship Programme
The NLNG four-tier scholarships refer to the different level at which the students can apply for, namely:
- NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
- NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- NLNG Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship
- NLNG Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) Scholarship
Three of the four-tier scholarship is being hosted in Nigeria which includes the post-primary, undergraduate and the internally displaced persons(IDP) scholarships, while the postgraduate scholarship is hosted in the UK.
NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
The scheme aims at supporting high performing basic six pupils in the company’s host communities and the oil-producing states of Nigeria to access post-primary education uninterruptedly. The scheme kicked off in 2012 with 28 beneficiaries and has grown to a total of 172 beneficiaries by 2015.
Prospective pupils are admitted into the scheme based on an excellent performance at the annual National Examinations Council’s (NECO) Common Entrance Examinations.
NLNG Post-Primary Scholarship Eligibility
Any prospective beneficiary must meet the following requirements:
- Be an indigene of NLNG host communities.
- Be a basic 5 or 6 pupil
- Provide his/her Basic Five result
- Must provide an attestation letter signed & stamped by the Head Teacher of his/her school (contact number of the Head Teacher also to be included)
- Provide an indigene confirmation letter signed by the CDC Chairman or Chief in his/her community.
- Provide a letter of identification from his/her Local Government Council.
- Not be a child or ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
How to Apply for NLNG Post-Primary Scholarship
Interested persons should follow the link below to apply.
- All requested documents must be attached to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details as these will be used to communicate the status of the application.
- The application will be disqualified for non-adherence to criteria for this scheme.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the selection test.
NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
This is for the undergrad level, Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) is now accepting applications from first-year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities for its 2020 Undergraduate Scholarship Award.
The deadline for submission of applications for the NLNG undergraduate scholarship award is May 13th, 2020. Interested first-year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities are therefore encouraged to apply for this Scholarship Award. The Scheme seeks to promote academic excellence by supporting top-grade Nigeria students through tertiary institutions.
A total of 2,833 undergraduates from various universities in Nigeria have benefited from the scholarship scheme with a spend of over N600 million.
The introduction of online application and the use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination in 2012 made the selection process more efficient and cost-effective, and increased awareness.
The value of the scholarship has been reviewed upward from N100, 000 to N300, 000 per awardee for an academic year and it runs throughout the duration of the student’s course.
NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility
Any prospective beneficiary must:
- Have excellent/very good West Africa School Certificate (WASC) or National Examination Council (NECO) result at ONE sitting
- Have a top score at the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination
- Be a certified Full-Time Year-One student of any Nigerian University at the time of application
- Not be on any other Scholarship Award from other companies or agencies
- Not be a spouse, child, ward or direct relation of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
How to Apply for NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
Interested persons should follow the link below to apply. All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments:
- Passport-sized photographs
- WASC or NECO result
- JAMB Result
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- LGA Letter of identification
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details as these will be used to communicate the status of the application
- The application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria.
NLNG Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) invites applications from qualified candidates into the NLNG Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme each year for Masters Degree Programmes in the United Kingdom.
The Scheme seeks to grow a pool of high potential Nigerian graduates and professionals with a competitive advantage. This scheme was launched in October 2012 with an annual intake of 15 beneficiaries to study in leading UK universities with an award value ranging between N9 and N11 million ($60,000 and $69,000), depending on the course of study and course duration. The scheme covers listed disciplines: Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law and Medicine.
The 2017 set has commenced their programs in various UK universities. 56 persons have so far benefited from the scheme.
NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility
- Have provisional admission from any of the under-listed UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law, and Medicine:
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Manchester
- University of Cranfield
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Completed NYSC program
- Obtained not less than an 8.0 IELTS score
- Not be no more than 30 years of age as at the time of application
- Be resident in Nigeria
- Provide a letter of identification from respective Local Government Councils.
- Provide a letter of consent from employer (if in service of any organization)
- Possess an international passport valid for travel, at least, one year from September 2020
- Be able to obtain UK Tier-4 student Visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2020 if selected
- Not a direct relative to a staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
How to Apply for NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship
Interested persons should follow the link below to apply. All applications MUST include scanned copies of the following documents:
- International passport bio-data page
- First Degree certificate
- NYSC certificate
- Provisional admission letter from indicated UK institutions
- IELTS result
- LGA Letter of identification
- Employer consent letter (where applicable)
- To fill invalid contact details as these will be used to communicate the status of the application
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for the selection interview/test.
- Applicants are advised to check their mailbox regularly for information on the status of their application. The application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria.
- NLNG is not under obligation to offer any kind of employment to successful candidates upon graduation, neither are candidates bonded to NLNG on account of this scholarship.
NLNG Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) Scholarship
The security situation in North-Eastern Nigeria has unfortunately created a large population of vulnerable persons. This scheme was instituted to complement Federal Government’s effort in rebuilding Nigeria’s North-Eastern region through the award of scholarships to 30 candidates (10 from each of the IDP camps in the three states worse hit by insurgency – Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe).
This award is to take the set of students through secondary education. Beneficiaries under this scheme are currently in their second year of post-primary education.
NLNG Scholarships Deadline
All application portals close Monday, 13 May 2020
Important Notes: All requested documents must be attached. Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for the selection interview. Applicants are therefore advised to be on the lookout for the shortlist on the NLNG website.
- Tullow Oil Scholarships for Postgraduate Programme
- Sahapedia-UNESCO Research Fellowships for Indian Students
- Chandigarh University Scholarships in India
- Total E&P Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- University of Sussex Nigeria Scholarships In UK
- HKBU Fully Funded International Postgraduate Scholarship [Hong Kong]
- University of Sydney International Postgraduate Scholarship in Australia
- Dr Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarships, Australia
- PM Modi Scholarship Scheme for Indian Students
- 5 GREAT Scholarships for Postgraduate Degree at Newcastle University in UK
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme at Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Top 10 Most Expensive Universities in Nigeria
- Federal Government Scholarship Award For Nigerian Students
- PTDF National Scholarship For Undergraduates/Postgraduates In Nigeria|
- MTN Nigeria Graduate Programs
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Scheme for Nigerian students in Tertiary Institutions
- List of 20 Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerians
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The NLNG scholarship is open to undergraduates students both in universities and polytechnics in Nigeria, masters and Ph.D. students who are pursuing professional study outside the country in the United Kingdom.