The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), with its mandate of transforming Nigeria into an IT driven economy for global competitiveness and the dire need to bridge the digital divide, has since 2010 established a Scholarship Scheme for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) Degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) obtainable in Nigerian (Government and Private) Universities.
The Scholarships are targeted at 2 persons per State of the Federal on including the FCT at masters’ level and 1 person per geo-political zone of the country at doctorate level.
This will enhance human capacity building in core areas of Information Technology across Nigeria.
NOTE: This scholarship scheme only applies to candidates who are willing to study in any of the higher institutions either federal, state or private universities in Nigeria i.e. this scholarship scheme does not apply to foreign universities.
- To produce globally competitive human capital in the area of ICT.
- To provide opportunities for Nigerian youths to achieve their dreams especially in the area of ICT
- Create jobs/wealth in IT related field.
- Provide alternative source of revenue for Nigeria from natural resource-based to knowledge-based.
The Agency has successfully sponsored 247 Nigerian Graduates in Information Technology fields at post graduate level and 24 for doctorate.
We are continually monitoring skill gaps in the field with a view to help create a capable workforce that can face the challenges of the Agency’s vision of Nigeria becoming an Information Technology driven economy.
NITDA Scholarship Scheme is for Nigerian students pursuing a masters and PhD programmes in either federal, state or private universities in Nigeria
Field of study:
This scholarship opportunities is strictly for the field of study related to ICT.
The value of the scholarship includes full tuition fee waiver and other expenses paid.
To be taken in(Country):
The scheme is taken in Nigeria
Scholarship Number :
About 80 scholarship opportunities are up for grabs. The Scholarships are targeted at 2 persons per State of the Federal on including the FCT at masters’ level and 1 person per geo-political zone of the country at doctorate level.
The Masters programme will run for one year and the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
The NITDA Scholarship Scheme is only available for students who are citizens and residents of Nigeria.
For Candidate to be eligible for NITDA Scholarship Scheme,he/she must fulfil the following requirements.
- Students must be a citizen of Nigeria
- must be willing to study in any of the higher institutions either federal, state or private universities in Nigeria.
- PhD Candidates: Only University and Polytechnic Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
- Masters Candidates: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s degree, (BSc) in Information Technology related field.
- A comprehensive Aptitude Test will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the Award. Only candidates who are found eligible will be Short listed.
- The scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is evenly distributed between the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 States and FCT for MSc.
The registration period is six (6) weeks from the date of the Newspaper publication. So deadline is 6 weeks after the opening date.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), with its mandate of transforming Nigeria. Has provided the NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for Nigerian ICT Students. Apply now! this is a great opportunity, you cannot afford to miss.