SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
WIIS has officially announced the launch of the Next Generation WPS+GPS Symposium. The five-day symposium will examine international security challenges from a gender perspective and bring together an international cohort of 24 graduate students (MA and PhD students). The symposium is scheduled to take place November 12-19, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
The symposium is a part of a larger initiative designed to bridge existing divides between the traditional security community and the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) community. The WPS+GPS Initiative seeks to reframe and broaden the WPS agenda to include a Gender, Peace, and Security (GPS) agenda in order to advance knowledge and build and support a community of international security experts that is more diverse and knowledgeable about gender analyses of complex international security challenges.
The WPS+GPS Initiative is funded by Carnegie Corporation of New York and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
All costs associated with symposium travel and accommodation will be covered by WIIS.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Selection is based on a competitive application process. WIIS will invite 24 applicants to participate in the program. Candidates must be:
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of a Masters or PhD program in international affairs, security studies, gender studies, anthropology, political science, international development or a related discipline. Students who will be enrolled within the next academic year will also be considered;
- Between the ages of 25 and 40;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English;
- All genders are encouraged to apply.
Eligible Regions: Not Specified
Please follow the online application portal.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2017