SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Newton International Fellowship. is ongoing for those beginning their research career – with the potential to be world-class and maintain links with leading researchers in the UK. Follow the procedures and apply
About the Award
The scheme provides the opportunity for the best early stage post-doctoral researchers from all over the world to work at UK research institutions for a period of two years.
The scheme covers the broad range of the natural and social sciences and the humanities. It also covers clinical and patient orientated research for applicants from Newton Fund partner countries.
The scheme is jointly run by the British Academy, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Royal Society. Currently, there is one round per year which opens in January.
Level/ Field of Study:
The fellowship is designed for science students who are pursuing post-doctoral research in the field of clinical, natural and social sciences and the humanities.
The Scholarship is hosted by the British Academy, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Royal Society, UK. If you are an international student and you desire to study in UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in UK
The number of opening for the scholarship is not specified.
The scholarship is opened to students from Brazil, China, Mexico, South Africa, and Turkey. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship covers
- Newton Fellowships last for two years. Funding consists of £24,000 per annum for subsistence costs, and up to £8,000 per annum research expenses, as well as a one-off payment of up to £2,000 for relocation expenses.
- Awards include a contribution to the overheads incurred, at a rate of 50% of the total award to the visiting researcher.
- Applicants may also be eligible to receive up to £6,000 annually following the tenure of their Fellowship to support networking activities with UK-based researchers.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- have a Ph.D., or will have a Ph.D. by the time the funding starts
- have no more than 7 years of active full-time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
- have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
Applications should be submitted through the Royal Society’s electronic grant application system (e-GAP). Applications are initially reviewed by two members of the Newton International Fellowships panel and then shortlisted.
The applications are then reviewed again by the panel and the final decision is made.
You can commence the application and get more information by clicking on the Fellowship Webpage for details
The Application Deadline for the fellowship is 22nd March 2019 and it is Offered annually.
We also recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.