Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund GCERF is inviting applicants for an internships opportunity.
Organization: The Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund
- Country: Switzerland
- City: Geneve
- A stipend of CHF 1,500 per month is provided for all of them.
The Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF) is a Swiss foundation that supports local, community-level initiatives worldwide that address the local drivers of violent extremism and strengthen resilience against violent extremist agendas. It was established in Geneva, Switzerland in 2014 as a public-private partnership governed by a multi-stakeholder Board which includes representatives of countries which provide funds, countries to which funding is allocated, civil society, the private sector, research institutions and foundations.
1.World Economic Forum Global Future Council on Migration Internship
Previous experience or demonstrated interest in the prevention of radicalisation to violent extremism as well as international migration will be an asset; as will experience in a multi-stakeholder setting, bridging the diverse interests of governments, the private sector and civil society. Research expertise is required.
An advanced university degree in International Affairs, Relations or Development, Business, Public Administration, or a related field.
Fluency in English is required.
Internship Duration: 12 months, on a full-time basis.
Previous experience or demonstrated interest for the non-profit sector and external relations/social media activities will be an asset.
Familiarity and experience in one or several of the following areas is a strong advantage: social media, digital marketing, desktop publishing and graphic tools (in particular, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign), website management and development, designing and editing communication materials.
- Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of technical and functional aspects of the position, attention to detail and commitment to achieving results.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of own performance.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve identified goals.
- Planning and Organising: Develops clear objectives; identifies and focuses on priorities; monitors performance and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Keeps abreast of new developments in relevant fields of thematic or functional expertise; contributes to the learning of colleagues.
Undergraduate or advanced university degree in public relations, communications, digital marketing, or any other related field.
3.Operations Unit Internships (3 Positions)
1. Asia Team Intern
2. East Africa & Balkans Team Intern
3. West Africa Team Intern
Previous experience or demonstrated interest in the prevention of radicalisation to violent extremism will be an asset. Experience in an international organisation, the nonprofit sector and/or working in GCERF beneficiary countries will be an asset.
An advanced university degree in International Affairs, Relations or Development, Business or Public Administration, Peace-building, Conflict Transformation, or a related field.
Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French and English is required for the “West Africa Team” Position
•These paid internships may also interest you.