Applications are currently invited for the New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarships for International Students 2020. This is a Scholarship for selected developing countries to undertake development-related studies at tertiary education institutions in New Zealand.
- New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarship
- About the New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarship:
- More About the New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarship:
- Level/Fields of study:
- Host Nationality:
- Eligible Nationalities For The New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarships:
- Who is Eligible for The New Zealand aid Scholarship?
- What is the New Zealand Aid Scholarship Worth?
- Why New Zealand Aid Programme?
- Types Of New Zealand Aid Programme
- How to apply for New Zealand Aid Programme:
- Application Deadline:
New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarship
The New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarship is aimed at funding fees for International Students to Study in Australia. The Succesful Students for the New Zealand Scholarship receives Full Tuition, Accommodation, Books, VISA, Travel Expenses.
The Scholarship is one of the opportunities in New Zealand for developing countries in which & African Countries fall into.
About the New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarship:
New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) give candidates from selected developing countries an opportunity to gain knowledge and skills through study in specific subject areas which will assist in the development of their home country.
Awardees are required to return to their home country for at least two years after the completion of their scholarship to apply these new skills and knowledge in government, civil society, or private business organizations.
More About the New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarship:
Below you will find all the necessary details you will need to apply and win the New Zealand scholarship.
Level/Fields of study:
Preference will be given to candidates who apply to study in academic disciplines relating to one or more of the following:
- Agri-business management: agricultural economics, agricultural systems and management, rural development, logistics, supply chain, and distribution management, value chain development, agriculture marketing, international agribusiness
- Agriculture production: animal science, veterinary nursing, plant science, horticultural science, soil science
- Agriculture trade and technology: Phytosanitary, bio-security, biotechnology, agricultural trade.
- Post-harvest: food production, food sciences/technology, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety.
Geothermal, solar, hydroelectric and wind energy, energy engineering, renewable energy distribution systems, energy sector management/reform, including energy economics and financials.
This is a Scholarship in New Zealand. Winners of New Zealand scholarship get to Study in New Zealand Universities.
Eligible Nationalities For The New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarships:
The New Zealand Scholarship Programme 2020 is for both ASEAN Countries, Developing Countries of which African Students are part. Here we are Considering this as a Scholarship for African Students The Programme is Designed for these African Countries
Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Who is Eligible for The New Zealand aid Scholarship?
Applicants must meet the following conditions to be eligible for a New Zealand Scholarship:
An applicant must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship.
- Not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, European Union countries, United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, South Korea, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia.
- Have resided in your home country for at least two years immediately prior to commencing your scholarship. Have at least 2 years of work experience (part-time or full time, paid or voluntary).
- Not be serving military personnel.
- Be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.)
- Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed program of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship.
- Not have been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Seek a qualification that will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country
- Commit to return to your country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of your scholarship.
What is the New Zealand Aid Scholarship Worth?
Beneficiaries of the New Zealand scholarship will enjoy the following:
- New Zealand has first-rate education institutions that offer world-recognized qualifications. Winners will get to complete their programs in these schools.
- Successful applicants will access to excellent academic knowledge in quality facilities.
- The scholarships include financial support for tuition, living costs while in New Zealand, and airfares.
- The partners of students are eligible for a work visa that allows them to live and work in New Zealand for the duration of their partner’s study.
Why New Zealand Aid Programme?
Depending on the country you are from, New Zealand Scholarships are available for the following level of studies: Postgraduate Certificate (6 months), Postgraduate Diploma (1 year), Masters Degree (1 – 2 years) or Ph.D. (up to 3.5 years).
Preferred fields of study are those that are most relevant to the development needs of your country (i.e. renewable energy, agriculture development, disaster risk management, private sector development, public sector development). Find out the preferred subjects for your country.
Types Of New Zealand Aid Programme
There are four types of scholarships for full-time tertiary level study in New Zealand:
- New Zealand Pacific Scholarships
- New Zealand Development Scholarships
- The New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
How to apply for New Zealand Aid Programme:
The online application process has four steps that you can complete on the official application site. The site will explain each step in more detail.
Step one: Confirm your eligibility: Complete the Online Eligibility Test. This will give you a number that you will need when you register (step three).
Step two: Create a RealMe login: This will give you a login and password that you will use through the application process.
Step three: Register with New Zealand Scholarships online: This creates your application account, and means you will be set up to complete an application.
Step four: Complete your application: This step will only become available when applications formally open. Check application dates.
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, we encourage you to complete steps 1, 2, and 3 before applications open in February. We can then send you a message when Step 4 opens up.