SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
NESA Scholarship Application 2019
The NESA STEM scholarship is awarded annually to one Eagle Scout who plans to major in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics field (STEM).
NESA assists Eagle Scouts with their post-secondary educational pursuits be it, at a four-year University, vocational trade school or field study opportunities.
NESA academic scholarships are awarded to Eagle Scouts based on school/Scouting participation, academic performance, and financial need.
There are three types of Eagle Scholarships: academic, merit, and field study. And the scholarship window for all scholarships is August 1st through October 31st (midnight Central Standard Time).
Academic scholarships weigh academic performance, school /Scouting participation, and financial need.
Winners may receive a merit scholarship one time only, the recipients are announced to all applicants by email by July 15.
Field study scholarships are awarded based on academic performance, school participation, community involvement, and passion for respective field study experience.
Academic scholarships include up to four $25,000 scholarships (payable at $6,250 per year for four years), one $48,000 scholarship (payable at up to $12,000 per year for four years) and a $50,000 STEM scholarship for an Eagle Scout planning to major in a science, technology, engineering, or math field.
Level/Field of Study
Applicants should be graduating high school seniors or undergraduate college students no later than completion of their junior year.
The available field includes;
- How to Get Scholarship for Indian Students | How to Apply for A Scholarship
- Agricultural Sciences Entry Scholarships for UK Students, 2019
- University of Edinburgh MSc TESOL Scholarship in UK, 2019-2020
- The Juniper Networks Engineering Scholarship 2019
- African Graduate Scholarships at UCL Institute for Global Health UK, 2019-2020
- OGE Merit-Based Scholarship for International Students in USA, 2019
- Anne Ford and Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarship Program
- NNPC/CHEVRON UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2019/2020
- California Legislative Black Caucus Scholarship Program 2019
- International Scholarships at Istanbul Aydin University in Turkey, 2019
The NESA Scholarship is taken and hosted in the United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States
The NESA STEM Scholarship is available for graduating high school seniors or undergraduate college students in the United States. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship
- Merit scholarships weigh academic performance, school and Scouting participation, and community service. These awards include the $2,000 and $4,000 Bailey scholarships, the $2,500 Robert and Rebecca Palmer scholarships, the $5,000 Hall/McElwain scholarships, and the Adams Eagle Scout Service Project of the Year.
- The National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) will award about $700,000 in scholarships to over 150 Eagle Scouts based on their academic performance, Scouting background, college plans and financial need.
- About 3 percent of the expected 5,000 applicants will receive a scholarship. Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail on July 15, 2019, and awards will be disbursed to these deserving Eagle Scouts in fall 2019.
- These awards vary by opportunity, but cover majority of costs such as travel, lodging, and registration for select NESA Explorer field research trips. NESA Explorer field research trips are conducted around the world over the course of 1-2 weeks.
- Applicants should be graduating high school seniors or undergraduate college students no later than completion of their junior year.
- Students must meet a minimum SAT or ACT score and apply during their senior year of high school as the Eagle board of review is held on or before October 31, 2018.
- NESA scholarships are available to NESA members only, so all applicants must be members of NESA or apply for a NESA membership by October 31, 2018 to be eligible for an award.
- Applicants may apply during the next scholarship cycle between August 1, 2019 – October 31, 2019 although the students may be attending college at that time.
- NESA scholarships are not available to students attending any of the U.S. military academies because expenses are already paid by the U.S. government.
- Applicants must apply during senior year of high school, except for scouts whose Eagle Scout boards of review were held after October 31 of their senior year may apply during the next scholarship cycle in the following year – even though they may be in college by this time.
- Applicants must Score a minimum 1290 SAT or an ACT score of at least 28 to be eligible for this scholarships, a “super score” may be used to meet this requirement. Winners may receive a one-time academic scholarship; the recipients are announced to all applicants by email by July 15.
- Applicants may apply multiple times for multiple opportunities from 18 years old to 35 years of age in each scholarship window. Winners may receive a field study scholarship one time only, the recipients are announced to all applicants by email by March 15
How to Apply
All NESA scholarship applications must be submitted online. Paper copies from previous years are out of date and will not be accepted. Applicants may win a NESA scholarship one time only, therefore previous NESA scholarship winners are not eligible to apply again.
Be a current NESA Member, if you are not a current NESA member. However, Eagle Scouts can apply for a NESA scholarship before registering to become members of NESA. After you join or renew your membership, you become eligible to apply for NESA scholarships.
You DO NOT have to wait for NESA credentials or username/password to begin OR complete the scholarship process. If you were a NESA member in the past, but not sure of your current status, email NESA@Scouting.org. They will respond within 72 hours depending on the day the email was received.
Review Scholarship Opportunities; Academic, Merit, or Fields of Study. Create your NESA Scholarship Account (For First Time Scholarship Applicants ONLY. Sign in and complete NESA Scholarship Application. Only one scholarship application is necessary to fill out for Academic and Merit scholarship opportunities per year. Fields of Study are handled separately.
STEM applicants must complete ALL required questions on the General Application in order to access the STEM scholarship questions (required questions are indicated by a red asterisk – this includes the signature line at the bottom of the application). Once the General Application is complete, STEM questions will be accessible by clicking on the “Opportunities” tab. By clicking on “RECOMMENDED”, a red “APPLY” button will appear in the “Actions” column.
NESA scholarship application Deadline
The Eagle Scout Scholarship application closing date is on 10/31/2019
NESA scholarship Application Link
For More Information:
To make inquiries about this scholarship, visit the NESA scholarship application link below