NEMPAC Geraldine Marshall Scholarship
The North End Music and Performing Arts Center (NEMPAC) thinks that every child should have the equal opportunity to enhance their quality of life and development by studying music. That’s why NEMPAC is pleased to announce financial-need based scholarship titled as “the Geraldine Marshall Scholarship” in honor of Ms. Marshall, who passed away two years ago at the age of 68, was born in Dorchester in 1946. The program is open to North End Residents who are under the age of 18 and have a strong interest in the arts or music programming. Each year NEMPAC awards over $5,000 in children’s music scholarships.
The North End Music and Performing Arts Center (NEMPAC) is classified as a public charity under section 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and is exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Code. All contributions to NEMPAC are acknowledged in writing. NEMPAC programming supported by the Boston Cultural Council (BCC)
To eligible, the applicant must meet the following:
- Applicant must be a North End Resident
- Applicant must be under the age of18
- Applicant has not previously received the Marshall Scholarship Award
- Applicant must have a strong interest in the arts or music programming
- Interested families must provide tax information from the prior year.
How to Apply:
- To apply, the students or parents of children who are interested in applying for the Marshall Scholarship should download and fill out the application through the given link:http://www.nempacboston.org/registration/financial-need-based-scholarships
- The candidate can also request for an application at info-at-nempacboston.org.
- Applicant (between the ages of 12 – 17 only) must provide a letter of reference from an individual who can speak on the candidate’s community involvement and responsibility
- Financial Information: include a copy of the previous tax year W-2
The complete applications and additional documentation must send as the following:
- Mail to the attention of NEMPAC Scholarship Committee, at NEMPAC, PO Box 130255, Boston, MA 02113
- E-mail to info-at-nempacboston.org.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- NEMPAC awards over $5,000 in children’s music scholarships each year.
- Tuition Assistance: NEMPAC offers a 10% off sibling discount for our programs. Each additional sibling receives this discount.
The applications are due no later than Mon. August 14, 2017. Award decisions will be made and notified by Monday, August 28, 2017.
Link for More Information: