Last updated on June 28th, 2018 at 11:57 am
NCB is delightd to invite applications for the NCB Scholarships Applications for Jamaican Students 2018-2019. The Scholarship is in two category which covers applications from Students from the Tertiary, Secondary nad Nursery Level. The Scholarship covers tuition, accommodation or educational supplies.
What you need to know about the Scholarship:
With education as it primary strategic focus, the N.C.B Foundation provides individual financial assistance to students through a Scholarships and Grants programme. Students pursuing studies in local institutions from the primary to tertiary level can benefit from this programme and for the 2018/19 academic year, over $40M is available.
Successful applicants will receive financial benefits under the categories of Traditional or Non-Traditional Programmes.
NCB Financial Group Limited (“NCB Group”) was incorporated in April 2016 to be licensed under the Banking Services Act as the financial holding company for National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (“NCB”).
In May 2016, NCB Group acquired a 29.99% interest in Guardian Holdings Limited (GHL) in Trinidad & Tobago, through a directly owned subsidiary, Summer Success Limited, incorporated in Trinidad & Tobago.
Here is a clear details of how the Scholarships are awarded
NCB Scholarships Award Categories
The Scholarship is categorized in two section; Traditional and Non Traditional Scholarships Successful applicants will receive financial benefits via the following NCB Scholarships award categories:
Level/Field of Study:
The Scholarship for the Traditional Category are designed for Local applicants pursuing their Tertiary, Secondary, Primary education in Jamaica.
The Scholarship for Non Tradition Category is only awarded to Students pursuing degree in any Tertiary institution in Jamaica. The much be pursuing any of these courses.
- Computer Science
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Teaching Degrees specializing in Mathematics and Science for the CSEC and CAPE levels
The Scholarship is hosted in Jamaica.
The Scholarships is only Open to Jamaican Students
Here are benefits for Traditional Scholarship category awarded to Local Students:
- National Champion: $500,000 awarded to each of the top two parish champions pursuing a tertiary education, for the duration of their course of study*.
- Parish Champion: $250,000 awarded to each parish champion pursuing a tertiary educations for the duration of their course of study*.
- We Believe in You Fund: a maximum of $50,000 is awarded to students at the tertiary, secondary and primary levels. The assistance is a one off support specifically to assist with tuition, accommodation or educational supplies.
- Teacher Education Grant: awarded to students at the tertiary level at institutions across the island specializing in Teacher Training and are valued at $50,000 – $100,000.
- Book Grant: awarded to students at the primary to sixth form level. The grants range from $5,000 to $15,000 and are awarded on a one off basis.
Here are benefits for Non-Traditional Scholarship category awarded to Local Students:
- Gold: – Worth $250,000, The Scholarship is awarded to Students only in Tertiary Level which also covers their Tuition, Accommodation and other expenses.
- Silver – $150,000 for Tertiary Level only, also covers their Tuition, Accommodation and other expenses.
- Bronze – Up to $100,000 same for Tertiary Students.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Jamaican Citizen.
- Have a letter of acceptance to an accredited undergraduate degree programme in Jamaica or a regional campus of the University of the West Indies OR
- Be a registered student in a local institution at the primary or secondary level
- Maintain full-time student status during the length of the programme (where applicable).
- Must show:
- High academic performance/grades in school exams, CXC, CAPE etc.
- Demonstrated community spirit (including but not limited to):
- Membership in an established youth club
- Involvement in a service club
- Voluntary community service or school involvement
- Must have demonstrated financial need.
- Winner must they maintain a GPA of 3.3.
- Additionally, we aim to increase the percentage of male awardees, as well as encourage female applicants in the field of computer science and engineering.
How To Apply
ALL applicants are required to complete ONE of the forms below by clicking on the appropriate link.
Applications are now OPEN for the 2018 edition.
You can join thousands of N.C.B. Foundation scholars whose academic dreams have become a reality.
ALL applications MUST be submitted electronically from this page.