SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The U.S. Naval Institute is pleased to announce the Naval Intelligence Essay Contest. The contest is open to any contributor like active duty military, reservists, veterans, government civilian personnel, and civilians. The institute is giving voice to those who seek the finest Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. Through the contest, first place winner will get up to $5,000 prize, second $2,500, and third $1,500.
The U.S. Naval Institute has been a fixture at the U.S. Naval Academy since its founding in 1873 by a group of 15 naval officers who began meeting to discuss the serious implications of a smaller, post-Civil War Navy and other matters of professional interest.
Any contributor active duty military, reservists, veterans, government civilian personnel, and civilians, are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
To apply for the essay contest, the applicant must write an submit an essay as the following:
- 3,000 words maximum (excludes footnotes/endnotes/sources).
- Include Naval Intelligence Essay Contest on subject line of email
- Include word count on title page of essay but do not include your name on title page or within essay
- Provide separate attachment to include biography and complete contact information — i.e., work, home, and cell phone numbers, and home mailing address
The applicant must email your essays (preferably as a Microsoft Word attachment) to essay-at-usni.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The U.S. Naval Institute will provide as the following:
- First Prize: $5,000 second Prize: $2,500, and Third Prize: $1,500
- The winners will be recognized at the Naval Intelligence Professions’ Annual Meeting in October in Washington, D.C.
- Some entrants will be awarded a one-year membership in the U.S. Naval Institute.
- The winning essay will be published in the October 2017 Proceedings.
The essay contest will be closed on July 31, 2017.
Link for More Information: