Naughton scholarship for Ireland students 2017
The Naughton Scholarships are a scheme of scholarships to promote the study of engineering, science and technology at third level by students in Ireland. Each year from February to May Leaving Certificate students can apply for a scholarship if they intend on studying science, engineering or technology at third level that year.
We are particularly interested in students applying to study STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) related subjects rather then the more practical sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Veterinary, Physiotherapy etc).
All second-level students:
- who have been attending a recognised school in the Republic of Ireland for at least two years immediately preceding the sitting of the Leaving Certificate examination in 2016; and
- who are sitting examinations in at least two of the following Leaving Certificate science and maths subjects – Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Physics and Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Agricultural Science, Technology and Design and Communication Graphics (the “Applicable Subjects”); and
- who intend in the year immediately following their Leaving Certificate to pursue a full-time undergraduate programme of three or more year’s duration in engineering, science or technology related courses, in any publicly funded university or third level institution in Ireland, including Northern Ireland.
What kind of third level courses are eligible for scholarships?
All third level courses of three or more year’s duration in any publicly funded university or third level institution in Ireland, including Northern Ireland, related to the fields of engineering, science and technology will be eligible for scholarship. Any course must be recognised by and registered with the CAO system or the UCAS system.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are invited from all second-level students who meet the eligibility criteria. Each candidate must submit a completed application online providing their personal details, his/her educational history, his/her preferred third level course choices and a personal statement. Please click here to view full applications process.
Award of Scholarship
Scholarships will then be awarded to successful candidates, subject to:
- Verification of Leaving Certificate results;
- Any necessary verification of information provided in the Application Form, including contact with any referees;
- An offer of a place and confirmation of registration on the relevant third level course. The latter consideration may result in an offer of a Scholarship being made on a conditional basis initially.
Any scholarships awarded will continue, at the same amount as awarded for the first year, for each of the succeeding two or three years of attendance, as applicable, subject to certification by the relevant third level institute of the candidate’s satisfactory performance, including examinations, for each academic year. No scholarship amount will be paid for any academic year that is repeated. The exact conditions governing the scholarship will be outlined in detail to the successful candidates at the time the offer is made.
DEAD LINE: All applications are reviewed in August each year and the winners of scholarships are notified in September.
NOTE : APPLICATION FOR 2017 EDITION HAVE NOT COMMENCED YET…FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK FOR THE COMMENCEMENT DATE LINK