Last updated on April 26th, 2017 at 11:41 am
NATO Internship Programme 2018
- Do you study Political Science, International Relations, Defence studies or Security studies?
- Are you an interdisciplinary candidate with qualifications in Economics, Finance, or Human Resources?
- Have you studied Information Technology, Web or Graphic design, Library Sciences or Translation?
- Do you study Aeronautics or Engineering?
- Do you have a background in Media or Journalism?
- Do you speak Russian, Ukrainian or Arabic?
- Are you able to conduct independent research and analysis?
NATO needs your skills!
There are two types of Internship opportunities at the Alliance: the NATO-Funded and the GRANT-funded Internship Programme.
The NATO-funded Internship Programme gives opportunity to a wide range of candidates, while the other opportunity is open for those, whose work is supported from outside sources. And while Candidates interested in a GRANT-funded opportunity can apply throughout the year, the call for the NATO-funded opportunity is open only once per year in Spring with two starting dates, in March and in September the following year. Internships will last 6 months.
The 15th call for applications for NATO-funded internships is open from 13 March 2017 until 18 April (23h59 CET), for placements in 2018 (All interns have been selected for a placement in 2017).
Candidates wishing to apply for a GRANT Funded can submit their application only through the online portal available under “Application”.
NATO Headquarters (HQ) introduced its Internship Programme in 2004. The aim of the programme is to provide a small number of current or recent students with the opportunity to intern with the International Staff at NATO Headquarters in Brussels and in a few other NATO bodies.
Eligible Country: Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Eligibility Criteria for NATO-funded Internship
In order to apply for an internship at NATO, you must fulfil all criteria outlined below:
- Age: you must be over 21 years of age at the time of your application.
- Nationality: you must be a citizen of a NATO Member State.
- Educational Status: you must be a university student or a recent graduate (in other words, you have obtained your highest degree less than a year ago).
- Studies: if you are currently studying, you must have successfully completed at least two years of post-secondary studies and be enrolled in your third year at the time of your application.
- Languages: you must be thoroughly proficient in at least one of the official languages of the organization (English and French).
For more information please click “Further Official Information” below.