SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
National Cattlemen’s Foundation W.D. Farr Scholarships
The American Cattlemen’s Foundation is delighted to announce the W.D. Farr Scholarships in honor of the late W.D. Farr. The program is open to students who are enrolled as a graduate student in a Master’s or Ph.D. program and attend an accredited institution of higher learning for the 2017-2018 academic year.The purpose of the Foundation supports to educational and research activities that will ensure a wholesome and economical supply of beef to the public.The program will be awarded $12,000 award to two outstanding students pursuing graduate degrees in animal science, environmental science (water) or agriculture.
The American Cattlemen’s Foundation was first organized in 1972 with the stated purpose of providing “Charitable, scientific and educational activities to benefit the cattle industry”. The foundation was later renamed the National Cattlemen’s Foundation (NCF).
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicant must be enrolled as a graduate student in a Master’s or P.hD. program.
- Applicant must attend an accredited institution of higher learning for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to a career in the beef industry through classes, internships or life experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can submit online application by creating an account through the given link: https://nationalcattlemensfoundation.awardspring.com/
The applicant must submit the following:
- Three letters of recommendation: National Cattlemen’s Foundation requires that you have 3 recommendation letter(s)
- Provide your student ID
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Two annual $12,000 grants will be awarded to outstanding graduate students that demonstrate superior achievement in academics and leadership and will allow the students to further their study in fields that benefit the cattle and beef industry.
- Expenses will be paid including conference registration, airfare (if applicable) and hotel accommodations.
- The winner of the scholarship will be strongly encouraged to participate in NCBA activities. The students must also reflect a drive for success and leadership in the tradition of W.D. Farr.
- The application submission must be submitted no later than August 31, 2017.
- Scholarship winners will be announced at the 2018 Cattle Industry Annual Conference in Phoenix, Arizona, and will be encouraged to attend.
Link for More Information: