SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The National Association of Dental Laboratories (NADL) would like to announce “The Pillar Scholarship”. The scholarship is open to students who have graduated high school or have obtained an equivalent and working knowledge of the English language. The scholarship is designed to allow qualified dental technicians the opportunity to sit for the three examinations that comprise the Certified Dental Technician (CDT) examination process. Each recipient of the scholarship will receive $1,000.
The NADL is the national trade association representing the interests of individuals and businesses involved in the commercial dental laboratory industry. Through their sister organizations, the National Board for Certification in Dental Laboratory Technology and the Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology, our combined efforts are working diligently every day to advance the role of the dental technician, foster an environment of formal education and administer professional standards for certification.
Eligibility is given below:
- Have a working knowledge of the English language.
- Have graduated high school or have obtained an equivalent.
- Are of satisfactory legal and ethical standing in the dental laboratory and dental community.
Applicants may qualify for the scholarship by meeting any one of the following education and experience requirements:
- Recognized Graduates (RG) of a 2-year ADA accredited dental technology program may apply for the CDT examinations upon graduation and successful completion of the RG exam.
- Recognized Graduates (RG) of non-ADA accredited dental technology programs may apply for the CDT examinations addition to, and not concurrent with, their two years of formal education.
- Graduates of ADA-accredited dental technology education programs (non-RGs) may apply for the NBC’s CDT examinations after completion of two years of practical experience in addition to their education.
- Technicians trained and educated in other settings may apply for the CDT examinations upon completion of at least five years of practical experience in dental technology (at least 35 hours per week).
- Technicians who are able to provide sufficient documentation of continuing education (CE) and experience in accordance with NBC policy may apply for the CDT examinations.
- Any technician who is currently a Certified Dental Technician may apply for the scholarship in order to achieve an additional certification.
How to Apply:
To be eligible applicant must submit the online application, The link is: https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/j54K71fdVoJaBpc804156g
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The scholarship amount awarded is up to $1,000.00 per recipient.
- The Pillar Scholarship covers the application and testing fees for a candidate to take the written comprehensive examination, the written specialty examination and the hands-on practical examination, one time each.
- It also awards the candidate a certificate that can be used to purchase study materials through the NADL.
- Scholarship recipients must take all three examinations within 12 months after being awarded the scholarship.
Applications are due each year on March 15 for the spring award date, and September 1.
Link for More Information: