SA National Editor’s Forum in conjunction with the Nieman Society of Southern Africa are inviting nomination slots for the 2017 Nat Nakasa Award for Media Integrity.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligibility: Nat Nakasa was a prominent journalist and writer who died in exile. This annual award recognises any media practitioner – journalist, editor, manager or owner – who has:
* Shown integrity and reported fearlessly;
* Displayed a commitment to serve the people of South Africa;
* Tenaciously striven to maintain a publication or other medium despite insurmountable obstacles;
* Resisted any censorship;
* Shown courage in making information available to the SA public;
* Any combination of the above.
- The Award is open to all journalists irrespective of whether they serve a community / national newspaper, magazine or an electronic medium (including online publishers).
- Previous winners of this Award are, however, not eligible for entry.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Program: The winner will receive R20 000 in prize money and a certificate.
How to Apply: Please submit your nomination by close of business on 28 May 2017, accompanied by a motivation of 300 words to:
Ground Floor Room 1, Block A
18 Cedar Avenue
Tel: (011) 482 5771
Fax: (011) 482 9132
Application Deadline: 28th May 2017
For Attention: Mathipa Chepape
Award Provider: South Africa National Editor’s Forum