The National Society of Arts and Letters (NSAL) is providing (Two) two scholarships known as “the Naomi Rabb Winston Scholarship in Two-dimensional Art” and “the Shirley Rabb Winston Scholarship in Classical Voice” in Honour of Naomi Winston.
The yearly scholarships are offered to young visual artists between the ages of 16 and 22 and that have demonstrated exceptional ability and promise of prospective success. The maximum level given to a candidate is $5,000. The scholarship fund can only for private study, for special training or for personal advancement in the applicant’s art medium.
The National Society of Arts and Letters, known as the NSAL, is an American non-profit group founded in 1944 as a women’s organization to assist promising young artists through art competitions, scholarships, and other career opportunities.
Men were later admitted to the organization, and have been an important and enriching addition. The National Career Awards Competition, organized by the NSAL is held each year in one of the following categories: visual arts, dance, drama, literature, music or musical theater.
Participants in the National Career Awards Competition compete at the local chapter level for a series of monetary awards. The National Society of Arts and Letters aids promising young musicians throughout rivals, financial guidance, master classes, training, and providing livelihood chances.
Level/Field of study:
The scholarship is made available for students who are citizens of USA. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship values cover
- NSAL Chapters select students each spring to compete at the national level, where as many as eight to ten scholarships are awarded in varying amounts, up to a maximum amount of $5,000.
- Both scholarships must be used for private study, special training, or personal advancement in the applicant’s art medium or vocal career, this may include workshops, voice teachers, summer programs, etc., but may not include college tuition, housing, or travel.
- Recipients have 15 months to use their scholarships.
The number of opening is not specified.
To be considered eligible for the scholarship. the candidate must
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 16 years old, but not older than 22 by February 1, 2019.
- Not be a previous recipient of a Winston Scholarship in Two-Dimensional Art/Classical Voice.
Other Supporting Documents that will be needed include;
- Copies of birth certificates or naturalization papers must be submitted with applications
- For Art scholarship-
- The applicant must submit, on CD or flash drive in jpeg high-quality format, images of five (5) artworks done within the past two years.
- For Voice scholarship-
- Prepare a current, high-quality video of three (3) vocal selections from opera, art song or oratorio.
- Upload the completed video to YouTube. Identify yourself by name only. List your song titles and composers in the description.
To applying for both (Art & Voice) scholarships, the candidate can download the application form from the given link:
- Art scholarship: http://arts-nsal.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/4-Art-Application.pdf
- Voice scholarships: http://arts-nsal.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/4-Voice-Application.pdf
Both candidates (Art & Voice) can mail and email their complete applications with a copy of the birth certificate and CD or flash drive featuring 5 artworks, prints of the artworks/the link to your uploaded YouTube video to an NSAL Chapter.
- Contestant applications are due to NSAL Chapters by February 1, 2019, and Winston Art scholarship &Voice scholarship recipients to be announced on April 1, 2019
- Art scholarship- Chapters must send the application(s) of their finalist(s) to the National Chair by March 1, 2019.
- Voice scholarship- Chapters must send by mail or email the application(s) of their finalist(s) and YouTube audition information to the National Chair before the deadline of March 1, 2019.
Click on this Link for more Information: http://arts-nsal.org/scholarships/
We also recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- West Virginia (WV) Promise Scholarship 2019
- Best 20 Virginia Scholarships for College Students in 2019 [UPDATED]
- Top 17 seminary scholarships in USA 2019 [UPDATED]
- 20 Best Scholarships in North Carolina 2019 [UPDATED]
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
are you a young visual artist seeking for scholarship? You can win $5000 by checking out our Naomi Rabb Scholarship 2019-2020 [Updated],See Full Details