SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Apply for the Music In Africa Connects – Artist Mobility Programme 2017,eligibility criteria is an information that is worthy of note.
The Music In Africa Foundation (MIAF) is pleased to invite musicians to apply for touring support as part of its recently launched Music In Africa Connects – Artist Mobility Programme. The mobility programme is made possible with support from the Siemens Foundation and the German Federal Foreign Office.
The mobility programme offers support for three types of tours:
- National (where musicians tour locally in their own countries).
- Regionally (across Africa).
- Internationally (Germany).
This call is for NATIONAL TOURS only.
This opportunity is open to all musicians from the participating countries such as solo musicians, bands etc. (the beneficiary).
- The participating countries for this call are Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria (Northern), Chad, Mali and Niger;
- The bulk of the activities must take place outside the city/location where the artist or band is based and must not go beyond the country;
- Touring projects applied for must start from 15 October 2017 onwards and must be completed by 15 December 2017;
- Budgets submitted must adhere to stipulations as indicated in the call;
- The artist or band must have a valid bank account;
- The artist or band must be based in the eligible countries listed above.
- All activities must avoid high-risk areas. Applicants must confirm that they have made efforts to ascertain this.
PLEASE NOTE: In exceptional cases, if you are not able to travel outside the city where you are based for safety and security reasons, please provide explanations in the tour summary below.
Who can submit an application?
- The artist or band should choose one person to make the application on their behalf (the applicant). This can be someone who is part of the band or the solo artist him/herself. You can also choose someone who is not part of the band to represent you. Organisations or companies can also apply on your behalf. The applicant will be responsible for managing and reporting on how the support has been utilised and will be the sole contact person if the grant is approved. More importantly, the applicant must have a good track record and you must trust her/him.
- The applicant can be an individual, a company or an organisation.
- The applicant will be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project (and not just act as an intermediary).
- The applicant must be over 18 years old. Proof of identification will be required for individuals as well as registration documents for companies and organisations.
- The applicant must be based in the eligible countries.
Types of projects
- Projects submitted for consideration must have firm plans for a live music performance outside the city where the artist or band is based.
- Applicants may visit more than one city and/or perform at more than one venue in each city.
- Performances at festivals and showcases, etc. are welcome if they are taking place in the same country.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate that such performances will develop her/his professional or creative practice;
- Tour projects that have artistic collaboration components between musicians that lead to live music performances are welcome.
- Proof of tour arrangements will be required from the venues where the performances will take place.
Type of support
Amount: Applicants may request up to €2 000.
Financial support stipulations:
- The amount of €2 000 must not exceed 80% of the total costs of the project.
- Projects requesting amounts higher than the limits stated above will not be considered.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek additional funding and sponsorship for their project.
- Applicants are encouraged to form partnerships with host venues, festivals or music events that will enable them to receive contributions from the venues towards technical costs and door deals, and exempt applicants from paying venue rental costs.
- Travel and transportation costs (maximum €600).
- Accommodation (maximum of €50 per night, per person).
- Daily meal allowance (maximum of €20 per day, per person).
- Technical support: sound, lighting, equipment (maximum €200).
- Publicity: design, printing, distribution (up to the value of €100).
- Coordination, administration and management costs (up to the amount of €200).
- Administrative support via email is offered during the application process. Email [email protected]. Additional administrative support will also be offered to successful applicants during the contracted project period.
Application Deadline: 31 August 2017 (midnight CAT).
For More Information: