Are you a student in any university in Ghana? Are you looking for money to pay your fees while in school? Then, relax yourself because the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships is here for you.
MTN Ghana is giving scholarship opportunity to support 100 excellent but needy Ghanaian students who are entering into the tertiary level.
The MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships for Undergraduate Ghanaian Students 2020. is dedicated to lifting financial burden from the shoulders of Ghanaian Students.
The MTN Ghana foundation has supported over thousand (1000) Ghanaian students to pursue various programs at different levels of education in Ghana through its scholarship program.
MTN Ghana Foundation
The MTN Foundation is a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) management structure for the MTN Group’s related initiatives across its 22 operations.
The MTN Ghana Foundation was established in 2007 as a single purpose vehicle to drive all MTN’s CSR initiatives in the country. The Foundation currently has three focus areas – Health, Education and Economic Empowerment.
The Foundation is set up as a separate legal entity with its own independent Board of Directors and Patrons who oversee the operations of the Foundation.
Its commitment is centered around the socio-economic development of the country through the roll out of appropriate and sustainable social interventions in communities all over the country.
The main aim of the Foundation is to have a broad community impacting and supporting national and international development priorities. It facilitates partnership and sharing of resources to achieve mutual objectives.
What do I need to know before about studying in Ghana
Education is a prominent component of life in Ghana. The country is actively working to improve its literacy rate and strengthen its overall economy as a result. The adult literacy rate here is about 71 percent.
Males are more likely to have an education than females. In terms of opportunities for higher education, the country has numerous choices for students.
There are 21 public training colleges in the country, most of which offer specialized education for students who need between one and three years of education. There are 18 technical institutions present and two institutions issuing diplomas.
The country also is home to six universities as well as various private programs. The following is a list of the public universities available in the country:
- The University of Ghana
- University of Cape Coast
- University of Education
- University of Mines and Technology
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University for Develop Studies
Additionally, the country has attracted private investment and school development. In recent years, several new universities have developed, all of which are private institutions
The scholarships are available for pursuing various programs in any field of study.
The scholarship is hosted in Ghana.
Eligible Nationality for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships
The scholarship is for First year and Continuing students pursuing first/undergraduate degree program in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana with financial need.
Scholarship Benefits of the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships
These opportunities has value that includes
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation cost
- Books and academic materials
About 300 scholarships will be given to students within three(3) years. The scholarship will be available for all the ten (10) regions in Ghana.
Eligibility of the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Should be Ghanaian student
- Must prove to be
- Hard working with outstanding academic achievements
First Year Applicant
- Should be in first year enrolling in one of the government universities in Ghana
- Must have at least C6 in 6 courses with an aggregate 24 or better in the WASSCE or SSSCE
- WASSCE is A1 – C6
- SSSCE is A – D
- A continue student must have 3.0 GPA (minimum)
- Be involve in some extra curricular activities
- should not have academic disciplinary issues
Requirements for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships
- An applicant must provide a motivation letter (one page) stating why MTN Bright foundation should give you the scholarship. Indicate your educational and professional goals.
- Provide your WASSCE results, admission letters, testimonials from High School.
- Include e-mail address and phone number
- Evidence of Ghanaian Citizenship
- Any applicant on another scholarship is not eligible to apply.
- The foundation will give priority to students studying Computer science, ICT and Engineering.
- Persons with any disability and females are strongly encouraged to submit application.
- Pick up a form, fill it and submit to MTN head office or any of the regional offices; Kumasi (Nyaeso), Accra, Sunyani main office , Tamale office, Wa office, Bolgatanga office, Ho main office, Cape Coast, Koforidua main office.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
Applying for Ghanaian Student Visas
Students will need to obtain a visa to study here. The student visa requires students to already have an active passport and acceptance into a school.
An application for office student visas must be sent along with an invitation letter to the embassy for the student to receive a visa. There are fees associated with obtaining the visa, but for most students the process is simple and straightforward.
What you need to know about living in Ghana
Ghana is a ethnically diverse country. It has a low cost of living in some areas, but imported products can be very expensive. This contributes to a higher than most countries cost of living in modern cities. Most of the country is not modernized. However, low inflation helps to keep things affordable.
In terms of culture, the country has a strong arts, music, and dance history. Most of its culture is influenced by the Kingdoms of the Akan, an ancient culture from the.
Ghana has a diverse population and numerous reasons to study here. However, one of the biggest impacts to doing so is the ability to contribute to the country after you graduate. Salaries for even very in demand countries remain low, but the ability to contribute to the well being and improvement of the country could be a very good reason to get your education here. With opportunities to do so readily available, it may be the ideal place to study.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- Joan Shorenstein Fellowship Program at Harvard Kennedy School 2020
- Fully-Funded Global Health Scholarships at University of Edinburgh in UK, 2020
- Educational Pathways International Undergraduate Scholarships in Ghana, 2020
- GCU Big Data Technologies Fully Funded Masters Scholarships in UK, 2020
- Leicester Castle Business School-DMU Principal’s Scholarship for Students in UK, 2020
- MOSHAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2020
- Faculty of Science and Engineering Academic Achievement Entry Scholarships in Australia, 2020
- DAAD Scholarships for Masters at Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand, 2020
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
If you are a brilliant first year or continuing student in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana? Please apply for the MTN Bright Scholarships