The University of South Africa is offering a scholarship to the students to pursue a postgraduate degree program.
The objective of this scholarship is to Support the development of postgraduate training to meet the specific needs of the country in collaboration with international partners, the higher education sector and industry.
University of South Africa one of South Africa’s leading research and teaching institute. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
What You Need To Know About The MSc & PhD Scholarship at University of South Africa
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship is available to pursue the postgraduate degree program.The scholarship is available to study the entire subject offered by the university.
All scholarships are taken in South Africa at University of South Africa. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is available to South African citizens.If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The scholarship will be awarded worth up to 50,000.
The MSc & PhD Scholarship at University of South Africa Eligibility:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to South African citizens.
- Entrance Requirements: The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be registered full time for a master’s dissertation in 2018.
- Applicants that are registered for the proposal module are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who registered for their degree before 2017 are not eligible to apply.
- Scholarships are based on academic merit.
- Preference will be given to students that were previously funded by NSFAS or the University Financial Aid Scheme (proof must be attached).
- Applicants’ research should be aligned with one of the National Research Priorities areas.
- Bursaries are not awarded for parallel degrees, that is, a second degree at the same level of a degree already held by the applicant.
- The bursary-holder may hold bursaries, awards, assistantships and receive emoluments from private institutions in conjunction with the NRF Scholarship. The bursary may not be held concurrently with any other NRF or government-funded scholarships.
- Bursars are NOT allowed to be employed on a full-time basis (this include interns, postgraduate student assistants or any other form of employment where they are remunerated), may only undertake a maximum of 12 hours per week of teaching, tutorials, assistance or demonstrating duties.
- In line with the South African equity targets, NRF Freestanding bursaries will be approved according to the following set equity targets: 80% blacks, 55% women, 20% white and 4% students with disabilities.
- In line with the South African equity targets, the Innovation Block Grant is awarded to South African citizens / South African permanent residents, 13% to foreign nationals, 5% to SADC, 4% to the rest of Africa and 4% to students outside Africa. In addition, DST-NRF Innovation bursaries will be approved according to the following set equity targets: 80% blacks, 55% women, 20% white and 4% students with disabilities.
The MSc & PhD Scholarship at University of South Africa Application Procedure:
Complete the attached form and submit it to the Unisa Research Support Directorate with the required supporting by 24 October 2018:
- 2018 proof of registration on the University letterhead
- Certified copy of South African ID
- Full academic record on the University letterhead
- Proof that the student was previously funded by NSFAS or University Financial Aid Scheme (only applicable to students that were previously funded by NSFAS)
- The affidavit from a police station (confirming that you are NOT full-time employed during 2018 academic year (you do not hold any full-time salaried job).
The MSc & PhD Scholarship at University of South Africa Application deadline:
October 24, 2018