The Trinity College Dublin, University of Dublin Sean is inviting applications from interested applicants for the Sean O’Riordan Scholarships for the year 2017. Both full time and part time applicants to the MPhil in Christian Theology in September 2017 will be eligible to apply.These scholarship is basically aimed at promoting education and research in the field of theology in the broad catholic tradition.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing MPhil programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Christian Theology.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships of €5,000 each are being made available to students.
Number of Scholarships: There are two scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility:The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships:
- For graduates in theology (or other related disciplines) the MPhil offers a structured programme of study at an advanced level.
- For those who have a curiosity about theology and want to learn more
- For Chaplains, pastoral workers, and others engaged in Church ministry, the MPhil will serve as an ideal opportunity for further in-depth reading, writing and study of the core disciplines of theology, in a way that furthers professional development.
- For teachers of religious education this degree provides an excellent opportunity to explore thoroughly areas which interest you. It will both widen and deepen your knowledge of theology, so benefiting your students.
While the MPhil is designed to be complete in itself, it can serve as preparation for those wishing to proceed to further research in the field.
Nationality: Students from Ireland are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Admission to this course is at graduate level. Applicants will normally hold a good honours degree (minimum 2.1) in theology from a recognized university. Applicants whose degree is in a different relevant discipline, such as philosophy, history or religious education, will be considered on a case by case basis. Exceptional cases where applicants do not fully meet the above criteria but make a reasonable case for admissions otherwise will be considered by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Students are required to:
- Submit an application for MPhil in Christian Theology using the central Trinity College application system and
- Send an email of application to Loyola-at-tcd.ie.
Application Should Include A Letter (Maximum 600 Words) Setting Out Why You Would Like To Do The Mphil In Christian Theology And Why You Think You Should Be Considered For A Scholarship.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is June 14, 2017.