Mountain West Center for Regional Studies Sonne Scholarship 2017
The Mountain West Center for Regional Studies is offering Sonne Scholarship for graduating high school seniors who demonstrat leadership in their high schools and in their communities and who show special talent and the potential for continued leadership. The program is open to help students who will make a difference in the world, and give the opportunities to show special talent and the potential for continued leadership. Two $1,400 scholarships will be awarded to the winning candidates of Sonne Scholarship.
The Mountain West Center for Regional Studies is a multidisciplinary outreach center in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Its purpose is to enhance the work of the university through public programs, research and program funding, visiting scholars, student scholarships, and other projects, with a particular emphasis on activities that increase our understanding of the Interior West, its land, history, and cultural groups.
Basic entry requirements are below
- Graduating high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership in their high schools and in their communities and who show special talent and the potential for continued leadership.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen and an incoming freshman at Utah State University in Fall 2017
How to Apply:
For applying you must download the application form through the given link:
Please attach the following documents along with your application form:
- Conway and Elaine Sonne demonstrated and valued leadership throughout their lives (see short bios below). In no more than 500 words, describe a time you were in a leadership role, what you learned, and how you expect this experience to help you in your future education and chosen career.
- A resume with a summary of your leadership involvement, community service, honors, awards, formal recognitions and any other information you feel the scholarship committee may consider.
- A current high school transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) and a record of ACT and/or SAT scores, either on the transcript or separately if not listed on the transcript.
After completing the application submit all application materials to:
Mountain West Center for Regional Studies
Utah State University
0735 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-0735
Applications may also be dropped off in Room 338 or 339 in Old Main on the USU campus.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Two $1,400 scholarships will be awarded and the payment will be split over $700 per semester for the 2017-2018 school year.
All applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 17, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For more information about the scholarship, you should email at email mwc-at-usu.edu or call 435-797-0299 or stop by Old Main, Room 339.