- Application deadline: November 1, yearly
- Course Level: The programme is available for high school seniors.
- Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The Morrill Scholars Program (MSP) is the largest scholarship program of its kind, rewarding over 300 scholarships to high school seniors each year.
- Nationality: USA
- Number of Scholarships: Three hundred awards are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Diversity and inclusion themed workshops, lectures and service projects
- Graduate and professional school preparation courses and guidance
- Mentoring and tutoring to support your academic success
- Morrill Scholars Early Arrival Program
- ODI outreach and engagement projects on campus and in the community
- ODI leadership and service courses for credit toward the Leadership Minor
- Optional housing in the MSP Learning Community in Blackburn House
- Service trips and travel abroad opportunities
- Applicants can apply through the online processor.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Apply for admission to The Ohio State University by November 1.Note that the application and all required materials (application fee, test scores, transcripts, etc.) are due by that deadline. Visit osu.edu for more information.
- Step 2: On the application check the appropriate box that indicates your interest in being considered for the Morrill Scholarship Program and then complete the essay prompt.
- Step 3: Be sure to include leadership and diversity involvement on the activity list.
Are you a Brainard looking for a way to study at Ohio State University for free? Then, this scholarship is for you. Hurry and apply for the OSU Morrill Scholarship this autumn.
The Morill Scholarship program is designed to reward US students who demonstrate the highest academic excellence and potential. So, Ohio State University, also known as OSU, awards about 300 Morrill Scholarships each year. The scholarships require both strong academic qualifications and characteristics that contribute to the diversity of the university.
So, you are a few minutes read from knowing all you need to know about Ohio State University Morrill Scholarship and whether you are eligible for it. Also, endeavor to apply before the scholarship deadline so you can be among the lucky 300 scholars awarded yearly.
What is Morrill Scholarship Program?
The Morrill Scholarship Program (MSP) is generally a competitive program awarded by merit to students enrolled for the autumn semester following high school graduation. So, it offers scholarships and educational enrichment opportunities to academically talented students who are actively engaged in diversity-based leadership, social justice and service.
Hence, MSP aims to support students who show commitment to both academics and diversity by excelling in the classroom and making a positive impact in their communities.
Who is Sponsoring Morrill Scholarship?
Ohio State University (OSU) is a large, primarily residential, public university in Columbus, Ohio. So, OSU offers her Morrill Scholarship Program to over 300 students through the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is one of the oldest and most comprehensive offices of its kind in the nation with a mission to help build Ohio State into a world-class model of inclusive academic excellence.
Here, diversity means more than a racial or ethnic profile. Hence, the “eligible” students include not only ethnic and racial minorities but also first-generation, low-income, and Ohio Appalachian students. In addition, students whose gender is not typical of the major are eligible for this award.
Does Ohio State University Offer Merit Scholarship?
OSU grants merit scholarships to over 300 scholars yearly through the Morrill Scholarship program that can be used over four academic years. So, the scholarship board evaluates eligible students based on financial needs and academic performance.
How Much is OSU Morrill Scholarship Worth?
Generally, it is important to understand the three levels of Morrill awards:
Distinction equals the value of the cost of attendance for both Ohio residents and nonresidents, or a “full ride.” So, only about 25 of the 300 Morrill awards are at the Distinction level.
Hence, OSU interviews 100 students for the 25 awards. And also, recipients likely need ACT score of 33 or new SAT ~1500 along with an extremely high-class rank and achievements in senior high school.
Prominence means free tuition for out-of-state students.
Excellence: equals the value of in-state tuition for Ohio residents.
How To Apply For OSU Morrill Scholarship Program
The current application deadline for this OSU scholarship program is November 1, yearly
For more information, visit the scholarship website.
Does Ohio State give merit scholarships?
Yes, there are many scholarships in Ohio awarded by academic merit and Morrill Scholarship is one of them. This scholarship program is awarded on a competitive basis following high school graduation.
How Can I Get More Information on Morrill Scholarship Program?
If you have questions or challenges in your application process, contact Undergraduate Admissions via telephone (614-292-3980) and/or e-mail [email protected].