The university of Monash in South Africa is pleased to call on eligible persons to hurry and apply for the Monash University South Africa Undergraduate Scholarship in Africa 2018, South African scholars are by this notice charged to apply for this program.
Description of scholarship
Monash scholarships provide learning opportunities for the highest achieving students, as well as those experiencing some form of disadvantage (financial hardship). Scholarships are offered to students to encourage and reward academic excellence in previous studies.
Eligible Field of Study:
All subjects offered by the university
Benefit of Scholarship:
A total of 100% of your annual tuition and residence 4 fees. The award does not cover textbooks, stationery, living expenses or any traveling costs. Payments are in the form of an automated credit note to your tuition fee account after the release of your unit results. No cash is transferred to the students’ personal bank account.
These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and are available to South African and international students.
To be taken at (country):
To be eligible for a Monash South Africa scholarship, candidate must:
- Be enrolled or have received an offer to enroll as a full-time student at Monash South Africa in an undergraduate course of study leading to a higher education award;
- Not be a recipient of any other financial support award;
- Be studying Year 12 or equivalent (South Africa citizen) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international);
- or Be a current Monash South Africa student and have completed a minimum of one semester of study at Monash South Africa.
How to Apply: To be eligible for scholarships, candidates must first be accepted into their course at Monash South Africa. Candidates must:
- Complete the Application for Monash South Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) – The forms can also be obtained from the Student Services Centre
- Submit their application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15th November for Semester 1 and 30th April for Semester 2.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2018
Important Notes: Scholarships do not cover other costs such as accommodation, travel and textbooks. Scholarships are renewable each year, provided that students maintain a high academic achievement. At the end of each year, the Bursary and Scholarships Committee will assess students’ performance and determine whether they are eligible to continue to receive the scholarship.