SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Monash International Merit Scholarships In Australia 2019-2020
We invite students from all countries who have received an offer from Monash or who are currently enrolled with the university to apply for the Monash International Merit Scholarship. As a scholarship recipient, you will receive $10,000 per annum for the duration of your degree.
Monash University is offering a number of scholarship programs including the Monash International Merit Scholarships for outstanding international students who wish to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Monash University.
What You Need To Know About Monash International Merit Scholarships In Australia
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship is for international students who wish to obtain an undergraduate, and Postgraduate degree offered at the University.
All scholarships are taken in Monash University in Australia. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is available for International students from all countries. Countries with strategic priorities for Monash will be given preference. As an international student who desire to study in Australia , you can check out Latest Australian Permanent Residency Visa & Citizenship Requirements
These opportunities have the value that includes
- $10,000 for a full-time study load (48 credit points) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree are completed.
- Commencing undergraduate students will be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds
- Recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional materials and/or events.
Scholarship Number :
Monash Scholarships awards the minimum of 31 scholarships to International Students
- Based on academic achievement.
- Current students must have achieved a minimum of 85 WAM
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (500 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
Who is Eligible to Apply for Monash International Merit Scholarships 2019?
- Commencing students with a full Monash course offer or continuing students that have completed a minimum of 2 semesters.
- Undertaking a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia
- Students must meet the required criteria for a particular Institution.
- The candidate must have the necessary grades in the previous degree.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit the results of a TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) taken within the past two years, except for Universities for French students and other languages.
How to Apply for Monash International Merit Scholarships 2019
- Can be deferred within the same calendar year only.
- You must submit a separate application form for this scholarship (at due dates as below).
- Before applying for this scholarship, you must have received a full Monash course offer with no conditions.
- Current Monash students can only apply in Round 1 and Round 3 (after semester 2 results are released)
- Do not submit supporting documentation with your application – this will not be considered.
Monash International Merit Scholarships Application Deadline:
The application deadlines are:
- Round one: 15th October 2019
- Round two: 15th November 2019
- Round three: 15th January 2020
- Round four: 15th March 2020
- Round five: 15th April 2020
- Round six: 15th May 2020
Monash International Merit Scholarships 2019 Application Link
All application are to be sent via email of the host University.
Applying and obtaining an Australian student visa
In order to study in Australia, you will need to obtain an Australian student visa. You must be able to meet the following key Australian student visa requirements:
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement( interview to show intention of stay in Australia)
- All international students apply for the same visa: the Student Visa (Subclass 500), which you must apply for online.
- Before applying for a visa, you’ll need to obtain a Confirmation of Enrollment (COE) or a Letter of Offer
- Pay the visa application fee, and perhaps attend an interview.
- Financial requirements: Evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition, travel and living costs. Alternatively, you can show evidence that your spouse or parents are willing to support you.
- English proficiency requirement: If you’re not from an English-speaking country (and haven’t completed at least five years’ study in an English-speaking country) you’ll need to prove you can speak English to the required level.
- Health requirements: Some students may be asked to take a medical and/or a radiological check-up to show they’re in good health (this applies, for example, to those who intend to train as a doctor, dentist or nurse).
Except those from Belgium or Norway, all students are obliged to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Students from Sweden who have purchased health insurance through Kammarkollegiet will not need to purchase OSHC. Belgian and Norwegian students are also not required to purchase OSHC as part of their visa requirements.
- Character requirements: Australian student visa requirements stipulate you must be of good character to enter Australia. This includes a criminal record check, to make sure you don’t have a substantial criminal record. You may also need to acquire a penal clearance certificate (or police certificate) or get a police statement, and may be asked to complete a Character Statutory Declaration Form.
The Department of Home Affairs website has a document checklist feature that will provide you with a list of documents required for submission which includes;
- Completed Australian student visa application form (157A)
- Paid visa application fee – currently AU$560 (~US$430) in most cases
- Copy of passport bio data page (some students may be asked to physically provide their passport)
- Certificate of Enrollment or Letter of Offer
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Evidence of health insurance cover
- English proficiency test results
- Criminal record check results
- Four recent passport-sized photographs
After you have assembled and scanned your supporting documents, you’ll need to create an account and apply with the online ImmiAccount application system.
Most visa applications take four weeks to process. If you study in Australia for a course that is longer than 10 months and finishes at the end of an Australian academic year (usually mid-December) your visa will usually be valid until 15 March the following year.
If your course is longer than 10 months and finishes in January to October, your visa will usually be valid for two months following the completion of your course.
Facts you need to know about Australia
You Need a Visa
To study in Australia for more than three months, you will need a visa. The process for applying is fairly easy. It’s all done online and it is virtually linked to your passport
Australia is Expensive
Sydney and Melbourne regularly make the top ten lists of the world’s most expensive cities. From housing to groceries, prepare to experience some sticker shock and make sure to have a good chunk of change saved.
Australia is Huge
The “Australian dream” for many includes the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru and the Outback, the Sydney Opera House, and so much more. But to come to Australia expecting to see all this and more is likely a fantasy, unless you have a lot of time and money to burn. Wherever you are studying, there are surely plenty of amazing things nearby, and you can probably swing one big trip, but manage your expectations about seeing the whole country.
Make an Effort to Study Up on the Country
Speaking of stereotyping — make sure you read up about Australia before you set out to study abroad there. For example, what is the capital of Australia? Canberra! Impress your host country citizens by knowing a bit more than the average Joe, don’t be an ugly American!
Regardless of which study abroad program you select, you will most certainly get a feel for Australia’s infamous laid back attitude, appreciation for nature, and overall contagious good vibes.
You May be Able to Work While you’re in Australia
Remember that really expensive student visa you had to pay for? Well, you can earn that money back! The typical study visa in Oz will allow you to work a certain amount of hours each week. Considering the high minimum wage in Australia, it may well be worth it.
To access other opportunities, click
- 500 MBA Scholarships for International Students 2019-2020
- NNPC/TOTAL National merit Scholarships 2018-2019 | Application Form
- Medicine Bursaries for International Students at Monash University, Malaysia, 2018
- 20 Best PhD Scholarships in Canada | Study Abroad 2019
- Monash High Achiever Awards for International Students in Malaysia, 2018
- Fully Funded: Monash University Master and PhD Scholarships- Malaysia
- Iowa State University International Merit Scholarship 2017
- LATEST: How to Get Financial Aid for HVAC Training
- 30 scholarships To Study In Ukraine For International Students.
- Best Basketball Scholarships 2019 for Developing Countries
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.