The ministry of Basic secondary education (MoBSE) is delighted to call for application from eligible Gambians to hurry and apply for the MoBSE SCHOLARSHIPS 2018-2019 IN GAMBIA.Only applicants that have complied with the eligibility criteria will be considered for this scholarship program,Hurry and apply now!!
ABOUT MoBSE SCHOLARSHIPS
MoBSE is an educational ministry that is existent in Gambia and is responsible for seeing to the Basic secondary education in the Gambia.Over the years, this body have continuously awarded various scholarship to Gambian students to enable them pursue their dreams and become whom the have dreamt of becoming in life. This is a step in the Right direction by the Gambian Government to ensure that education on scholarship is made available to Gambian scholars, in their bid to develop and build the skills and talented that will remain ever relevant to the growth and development of Gambia as a nation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MoBSE SCHOLARSHIPS:
The Mission Statement of the Department of State for Education is embodied in the statement “A Responsive, Relevant and Quality Education for All Gambians”
THE MoBSE EDUCATION PLAN AND PROGRAMME:
The MoBSE Education Plan and Programme is not only all inclusive but is particularly sensitive to the learning needs of all children, catering especially for the girl-child, women, the physically challenged, the youth and the poor. The programme covers the whole spectrum of education from the Basic level, through to Secondary, Vocational and Technical, Tertiary and University Education.
This is premised on the truism that one of the threats to rapid socio-economic development is illiteracy and ignorance. The government will continue its all out war against illiteracy in order to achieve the triple objective of making education not only accessible but also relevant, of good quality and affordable.
LEVEL OF STUDY:
FIELD OF STUDY:
The field of study is such that it has to be that selected by the student in any Gambian educational institution:
This scholarship is to be taken in Gambia
Gambians are welcome to apply for this program
students on this scholarship are to have their financial responsibilities taken are of by the gambia government up to any level of their studies amongst other benefits.
The scholarship shall consist of tuition fees which is payable directly to the university, book bills and project or research allowance
SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY:
All applications must be on the MoBSE prescribed application form; the Training Committee (TC) is not obliged to consider any application that is not on the prescribed application form which is to be received by the set dead line.
- All applicants must be qualified teachers with not less than 3 years of teaching experience for HTC holders and 5 years of teaching experience for PTC holders.
- Applicants must have a current unconditional acceptance or offer from the UTG. Those with admission earlier than the current year must do the necessary deferment before applying and those with conditional offer must meet the conditions on the offer before applying for scholarship.
- Applicants must be duly admitted at the School of Education of the UTG.
- All applicants must have 2 relevant subjects; one as major and the other as minor.
- Late submissions will not be accepted or considered by the TC.
- Applicants must be confirmed in the establishment, ready to duly sign the requisite bonds and apply for study leave with salary.
- The TC will consider only applicants who are admitted at the UTG on full time basis; applications from part time students will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
Application forms can be collected from Human Resources Directorate (HRD) or any Regional Education Directorate. Application forms can also be downloaded from this LINK and printed. Application forms are not for sale.
- All sections on the form are mandatory and therefore should be completely filled and submitted to Director HRD at Kanifing Education Complex not later than the closing date; late submissions will not be considered.
- The signature section on the application form must be duly signed; in the case of applicants from the subvented institutions, the form should be signed by the principal or the education secretariat as the case may be.
- Priority areas will be indicated in the advertisement.
Latest updates on application deadline will be communicated as soon as possible, we therefore advice that you keep checking this site for this information.
For more information on MoBSE SCHOLARSHIPS 2018-2019 IN GAMBIA, please se this official link