SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been accepted for the 2018/2019 Mo Ibrahim Foundation PhD Scholarships for African Students At University of London , eligible persons are invite d to hurry and apply.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has generously provided SOAS with two PhD scholarships every year for African students undertaking a full‐time PhD and Masters programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa.
Fields of Study: The eligible PhD are only those within the following departments:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
Value of Scholarship:
- PhD: The scholarship is on a part‐present form and it provides for fees for three years. However, accommodation and living cost are covered for the first year only. The scholarship will also cover in total 2 return flights : one during the first year, and one for the viva (plus one week’s accommodation around the viva). In year 2 and year 3, the successful candidate will also receive an annual stipend of £5,000. We also cover visa cost, provided receipts are submitted to the Centre of African Studies office. We expect students to be on fieldwork during the second year, and to write the thesis in the third year in their country of origin.
To be taken at (country): University of London, UK
Eligible Countries: African countries
- Candidates must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country.
- Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub‐Saharan Africa.
Selection Criteria: Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application.
How to Apply: In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER for the PhD by applying directly to the SOAS Doctoral School.
The guidance notes and the reference form can be downloaded on the right hand side of the Program Webpage (See Link below).
Application Deadline: 31st March 2018.