The Mo Ibrahim Foundation offers a Leadership Fellowship Program to African citizens. The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective program designed to mentor future African leaders.
Through this annual fellowship programme, we seek to deepen and broaden our growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa.
The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva).
About the Sponsor: Mo Ibrahim Foundation
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation was established in 2006 with a focus on the critical importance of leadership and governance in Africa. It was founded by Mo Ibrahim, a Sudanese and billionaire businessman and philanthropist, who founded the telecommunications company Celtel International in 1998. Ibrahim is the chairman.
African countries need to define a strategy – a ‘business plan’ – built on an inclusive vision which assesses and prioritizes challenges, makes the best use of human, natural and financial resources and closely monitors results in order to ensure efficient and tangible implementation.
The Foundation, which is a non-grant making organization, focuses on defining, assessing and enhancing governance and leadership in Africa
How to become a Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellow?
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellow is selected based on the candidates who have met all requirements specified by the terms and conditions below. The Conditions include Host Nationality, Eligible Nationality, Requirements, Scholarship Benefits and detailed procedures on how to apply.
This Leadership Fellowship Program 2019 is hosted by Mo Ibrahim Foundation. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program 2019 is available for citizens from African countries.
Aside from the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellowship 2019, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
How Much is Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship?
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship offers the opportunity to work in the executive office of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNESCO (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva).
Eligibility for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellowship 2020
- National of an African country
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- master’s degree
- under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- any additional criteria as set by the host.
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business: such as outstanding academic credentials, relevant work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others;
- Have at least 7 (seven) years’ work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
- Demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
- Have experience in strategic planning and execution ;
- Demonstrate knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
- Have enhanced skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures;
- Have experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Demonstrate an ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
- Strong writing and analytical skills;
How to Apply for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellowship
Prospective fellows who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to apply directly to the current hosts: The International Trade Centre (ITC) Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship 2020
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of international trade development and trade-related development assistance (TRTA);
- Knowledge of strategic planning and governance;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts and data;
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and different multi-cultural backgrounds.
Candidates must submit their applications together with the following documents:
- Cover letteR
- UN Personal History Profile (PHP) *
- Copy of academic degree certificates, and;
- Three letters of reference/recommendation.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fellowship 2020 Application Deadline
The Portal for Application opens on 12th August. You can apply now
applications close 14th October. Nobody is permitted to submit
Successful candidates are notified
Successful candidates notified early 2020. This should come in the first three months of the year 2020
Fellows Report to duty
Fellows report for duty May 2020. congratulations to ll the successful winners
Applications for the 2020 stream are now closed.
Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.