Applications are currently ongoing for the Mo Dewji Foundation scholarships. The Mo Dewji Foundation is offering full scholarships to high school students in Tanzania who are willing to undertake an undergraduate program at the University of Dar-es-Salaam.
The Mo Dewji Foundation scholarships are provided to outstanding high school students planning to pursue higher education, which covers four years of undergraduate college.
The scholarship program, offered in collaboration with the University of Dar es Salaam, is intended to create a community of passionate students and provide them with the capacity to achieve their greatest potential.
This post provides you with detail information about Mo Dewji Foundation Scholarships and how you can successfully apply.
You can scroll the table of content below to get an overview of all this post entails.
- About The Mo Dewji Foundation Scholarships for Tanzanian
About The Mo Dewji Foundation Scholarships for Tanzanian
The scholarship program, offered in collaboration with the University of Dar es Salaam, is intended to create a community of passionate students and provide them with the capacity to achieve their greatest potential. Eligible students must be admitted to the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA).
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship is available to study Undergraduate program in education at the University of Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
The scholarship can be taken in Tanzania.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
UK and EU students are eligible to apply for the Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- The Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship will be applied to the following expenses only:
- Tuition Fees = TZS 1,000,000 – TZS 1,500,000 depending on the academic program of the scholarship recipient.
- Direct University Fees = ID fees, registration fees, examination fees, medical capitation fees, student union fees, books, and stationery allowance. A maximum amount of TZS 80,000 per scholarship recipient.
- Housing and meals allowance = TZS 1,500,000 per annum per scholarship recipient.
- The Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship award is a non-cash award to the recipient’s UDSM account as outlined on the scholarship application. No check or other cash monies will be disbursed at any time. No exceptions.
Yes. Also, the Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship usually lasts for a period of 4 years.
Mo Dewji Foundation Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible:
- The recipient must be a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania (at the time they apply for the scholarship).
- The recipient must have attended a secondary school in Tanzania to be eligible for this scholarship. Home-schooled students are not eligible.
- The recipient must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili at the time of their application.
- Must be entering their first year of undergraduate education.
- The recipient must declare their intent with a major / degree program of his/her choice.
- Recipient should not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution within Tanzania or outside the country.
Mo Dewji Foundation Scholarships Selection Criteria:
High Academic Achievement: Recipient must have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.8 on their A-Levels. This will be judged based on their academic transcript, and by testimony to your scholarly excellence that is provided by a letter of recommendation by a teacher.
Financial Need: Recipient must demonstrate financial need and submit documentation in the form of a written statement explaining need plus any available reinforcing narrative in the form of references that will be vetted by the committee.
Leadership Potential: Recipient must demonstrate leadership potential as demonstrated in extra-curricular activities, projects, and/or duties upheld prior to commencing their undergraduate studies. Applicants are required to provide evidence of this in the form of a written recommendation letter, awards received etc. as and where applicable.
How to Apply For The Mo Dewji Foundation Scholarships:
Before applying, make sure that you have all the required documents:
- MoScholars Program application form
- Official un-conditional acceptance letter to UDSM
- Official secondary/high-school transcript
- Teacher recommendation letter
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating financial need
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating leadership potential
You may download and complete the application form. Send this form and all other application materials (listed on the application) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note, Mo Dewji Foundation will notify all successful scholarship recipients by email of their scholarship. As a courtesy, applicants who are unsuccessful in the scholarship application will also be notified by email.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- $5,000 Amazon Student Scholarship program 2020 | UPDATED
- Algerian Government Scholarships 2020
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program for African Countries
- AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship for African Students in Germany, 2020
- Full List of MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for 2020
- Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships, Undergraduate, Masters & Ph.D. 2020