Tanzanian students are invited to apply for the Mo Dewji Foundation Scholarships for Tanzanian Students 2017 , Applicants are reminded that they must comply with the eligibility criteria to ensure consideration for the program.
The Mo Dewji Foundation provides scholarships to outstanding high school students planning to pursue higher education, which cover four years of undergraduate college. The scholarship program is intended to create a community of passionate students and provide them with the capacity to achieve their greatest potential. Eligible students must be admitted to the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) or Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA).
- Scholarship will be applied to the following expenses only:
- Tuition Fees = TZS 1,000,000 – TZS 1,500,000 depending on the academic program of the scholarship recipient.
- Direct University Fees = ID fees, registration fee, examination fees, medical capitation fees, student union fees, books and stationary allowance. A maximum amount of TZS 80,000 per scholarship recipient.
- Housing and meals allowance = TZS 1,500,000 per annum per scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship award is a non-cash award to recipient’s UDSM / SUA account as outlined on the scholarship application. No check or other cash monies will be disbursed at any time. No exceptions.
eligibility requirements include:
- Recipient must be a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania (at the time they apply for the scholarship).
- Recipient must have attended a secondary school in Tanzania to be eligible for this scholarship. Home-schooled students are not eligible.
- Recipient must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili at the time of their application.
- Recipient must be entering their first year of undergraduate education.
- Recipient must declare their intent with a major / degree program of his/her choice.
- Recipient should not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution within Tanzania or outside the country.
Additional Program Components
Recipients are encouraged to join and actively participate in extra-curricular activities, including but not limited to those organized by the UDSM / SUA Students’ Union. UDSM / SUA will provide recipients with a list of available activities for them through the campus during the orientation week.
Practical Summer Training Internship
Upon successful completion of the academic year, recipients are eligible to apply for an un-paid practical training summer-internships (“internship”) at MeTL Group subsidiaries, affiliates or MDF.
- The internship will be open solely to recipients of the MoScholars Program.
- MDF will publish a list of available internships at least three (3) months prior to the summer vacation as a call-for-applications. Recipients are strongly encouraged to apply and participate in the internship to complement their existing academic program at UDSM / SUA.
- Recipients are eligible for reference letters upon successful completion of their internships at the sole discretion of the host company.
- As an intern, the recipient will not be a company employee. Therefore, they will not receive a salary, wages, or other compensation. In addition, they will not be eligible for any benefits that the Company offers its employees, including, but not limited to, health benefits, holiday pay, vacation pay, sick leave, transport allowance, communication allowance, housing or retirement benefits.
- Upon conclusion of the internship, the recipient must return all company-owned property, equipment, and documents, including electronic mail or other information. By accepting this internship offer, you acknowledge that you must adhere to our confidentially policy.
- By accepting the internship offer, the recipient acknowledges that all costs associated with the internship will not be compensated by the MDF and/or the receiving company.
Before applying, make sure that you have all the required documents!
- MoScholars Program application form
- Official un-conditional acceptance letter to UDSM or SUA
- Official secondary/high-school transcript
- Teacher recommendation letter
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating financial need
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating leadership potential
Application Deadline: October 20th 2017
For More Information: