The Mitsui Bussan Scholarship Program for Indonesia is currently ongoing. the scholarship is a non-profit foundation established in 1992 to cultivate individuals that will contribute to the further development of Indonesia and promote exchange and goodwill between Japan and Indonesia. Since then, two or three high-school graduates have been selected for the scholarship every year, receiving support during five-and-a-half years of study in Japan, including 18 months at a Japanese-language school, followed by four-year university courses. Take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum Team has arranged all the details you need including Mitsui bussan scholarship application form and many more.
By 2016 the program had provided support to 40 individuals, of whom 12 are currently studying. Graduates are active not only in Japan and at home in Indonesia, but also in Singapore and the United States. After graduation, many scholarship students have progressed to postgraduate studies. To date, seven scholarship alumni have earned doctorates and ten masters degrees.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR:
Mitsui & Co., Ltd. is one of the largest sogo shosha in Japan, and also part of the Mitsui Group. Its business area covers energy, machinery, chemicals, food, textile, logistics, finance, and more. Mitsui Bussan Commodities Ltd is a full-service price risk management company delivering round the clock service to a global client base.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT mitsui bussan scholarship 2019
The scholarship program has thus far seen the successful graduation of 30 former recipients, and currently provides support to 12 individuals. We remain committed to this and similar initiatives even beyond Japan and Indonesia that further educational opportunities for individuals who are poised to play a role on the global stage.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
This scholarship is open to high school students in Indonesia to study any of their dream course in JAPAN. it’s also open to postgraduate students.
This scholarship is hosted in Japan.
There are other Japan Scholarships available for International students in 2019.
This scholarship is open to Indonesian nationals ONLY
The scholarship provides the recipients with support for their studies and living expenses for five and a half years, including the time needed to prepare for university entrance exams.
This scholarship program goes beyond providing financial backing; it also involves fine-tuned support extending to care for the psychological needs of recipients. For instance, staff members affiliated with the program meet with recipients monthly to check on their studies and living situations, and also create opportunities for recipients to interact with other current recipients and former recipients who have already graduated.
Mitsui bussan scholarship 2018 Eligibility
- Applicant must be a citizen of Indonesia
- He/she must have a strong desire to pursue a degree in any of the Japan universities.
- Applicant must also be Indonesian who are excellent in both performance and personality and show a strong desire to study in a Japanese university.
- He/she must be a high school graduate from Indonesia
HOW TO APPLY FOR mitsui bussan scholarship 2018 | STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS.
1. Know the Requirement
As you get ready to apply for scholarships, please pay attention to the qualifying criteria and document requirements. The Scholarship program only for IPA / IPS with >=80 score for English, Math, Physics, Chemistry, Economy or Geography qualification.
- Be Organized: Stay on deadlines, prepare all documents, and make copies of everything you submit.
- Be Honest: Don’t exaggerate your grades, memberships, skills, or qualifications.
- Follow instructions carefully: You can download the complete prospectus; Selection process & document requirements here.
Please pay attention that we do NOT charge any fee for students to apply for Mitsui Bussan Scholarship.
2. Register & Validate Your Email
Mitsui Bussan Scholarship for Indonesia 2018 will open registration from 01 February (Thursday) until 02 March (Friday), 2018
- Firstly read through the step by step instruction and follow instruction to register your email.
- Check your registered E-Mail account (eg. Yahoo / Gmail / Hotmail / etc.), then follow the link in your email to start your online scholarship application.
- Please check your SPAM folder if you can’t find the activation email.
3. Complete The Application Form
Fill in the application form prescribed in the website based upon instructions thereby.
- Pay attention to details when filling out data of School Records and other information fields.
- Be honest with your application, any false statement made on the application dossier may cause your application to be dropped.
- After finishing your online application form, click submit and print out the complete form. Also don’t forget to keep your Registration Number.
4. Submit Hardcopy
You need to send the completed application form along with necessary documents via Post (or similar service) to our liaison office in Indonesia by 02 Maret 2018
PERSADA c/o Kampus Universitas Darma Persada (UNSADA)
Jl. Radin Inten II (Terusan Casablanca), Pondok Kelapa,
Jakarta Timur 13450, Indonesia
Telephone: (021) 8647373 / Facsimile: (021) 86900241
List of documents to be submitted can be found here
The 1st selection process, Written Examination (Mathematics & English) held on Sunday, 22 April 2018 at Darma Persada University.
Notes for future purposes :
- Official announcement will only be made via www.mbkscholarship-id.com
- Only selected applicants will receive the invitation E-Mail to attend written examination.
- If there is any discrepancy in our official announcement or Email invitation, please contact to Secretariat at least 1 day before examination.
If you are selected, please pay attention to the exam schedule & location.
Also don’t forget to bring your ID Card (KTP / Kartu Pelajar) along with your Registration Number.
- Seating arrangement will be displayed outside examination room. Please make sure to check your name/ID on that list.
- Applicants should prepare their own stationary. (Black ballpoints)
- You will receive Exam Card after ID Check, please keep this card until the end of selection process.
7. Complete Your Test
Arrive 30 minutes before the exam schedule.
There will be briefing regarding the exam regulation and selection process beforehand.
Good luck with your Exam.
- Calculator, Dictionary, Handphone, Blackberry, Tablets or other communications devices are prohibited during the examinations.
- Written examination period of 1 Hour each for Mathematics & English subject
- Don’t forget to write down your Name & Registration Number in your answer sheet.
8. Aptitude Test
After passing the 1st selection; Scholarship committee will notify selected applicants for Aptitude Test via E-mail, which will be held at LPT (Lembaga Psikologi Terapan) University of Indonesia, Jl. Salemba Raya, Central Jakarta.
- List of documents to be submitted on 2nd Selection can be found here.
- These tests would be carried out for the purpose of checking fitness to live in the Japanese society taking applicant’s adaptation capability in various aspects including culture, language, daily life, self-supporting, etc. into consideration hence result of which is effective to clear the 2nd selection
9. Health Check
After the Aptitude Test, selected applicants will take Health Check at the designated Hospital.
The invitation letter to the 2nd selection process does not guarantee applicants will be selected as a Scholarship grantee.
10. Interview Session
Result of the 2nd selection process would be announced after the Aptitude test and Health check.
Applicants who passed the 2nd selection would proceed to an Interview carried out by the Managing Committee of the Program as the Final Selection. Interview invitation and details will informed by the Committee.
Here, be yourself and show to us why you should be the one who win the Scholarship !
11. You’re going to Japan!
Applicants who have passed the Final Selection would be called grantees.
You will receive preliminary education in elementary Japanese language and orientation on topics such as Japanese life, climate, customs, manners, etc. for about one (1) month before leaving for Japan.
- Cost of such education and orientation would be borne by the Program. For grantees whom domicile outside Jabodetabekarea; the accommodation (boarding house/kost) fee and transportation fee during pre-departure training will be borne by program.
- The Program would send written announcements about the selection result only to the successful applicants (grantees).
You will have to fill out and submit necessary Travel documents to Japan.
Scholarship Committee will assist you to during preparation including Passport & VISA requirements.
List of documents to be prepared and necessary forms will be informed by Scholarship committee.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JAPAN VISA IN INDONESIA
Please follow the below steps to apply for a Japan Visa in Indonesia:
Step 1 :
Obtain required information:
- Visit http://www.vfsglobal.com/japan/indonesia/English/index.html
- Contact the helpline number +62 21 30418715
- Email your query to [email protected]
- Visit Japan Visa Application Centre (JVAC) enquiry counter
Step 2 :
Take a photograph
- Visit the website for the required photograph specifications.
- Not more than 6 months old.
- 4.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- Color photo with plain background.
- Taken looking straight forward and face seen clearly.
- Photograph facility is available at the Japan Visa Application Centre at a nominal additional charge.
Step 3 :
Download and complete the Application Form and visit the Japan Visa Application Center
- Download the application form.
- Visit the Japan Visa Application Center to submit the applications.
Step 4 :
Prepare supporting documents
- Visit the website to know the required documents based on your purpose of travel. The duration of visa processing may vary if the applicant’s documents are incomplete, or he/she is requested to submit additional documents, or our consulate has to make inquiries to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo. Please note that it is possible that a visa may not be issued even though all the necessary documents are submitted.
- Know your visa fee by visiting the visa fee page.
- Each applicant must pay the applicable Visa Fee and processing fee. You must pay the fees in cash in IDR only while submitting your application in Indonesia.
Step 5 :
Submit your application at the Japan Visa Application Centre in Indonesia. The Japan Visa Application Centre in Indonesia is opened from 9:00 to 17:00. It is not required to visit the centre early to collect the token number. Kindly note that priority will be given to pre-booked applicants. To avoid long waiting time, we recommend you make an appointment in advance.
- Please make sure the application form and all the necessary documents are complete and valid. An incomplete application will not be accepted and processed.
- Passport (with more than 2 blank pages and with re-entry permit to Indonesia. Please present your old passports, if any).
- Completed Application Form per applicant. For the part for signature, it must be signed by the applicant (Same signature as the passport’s signature).
- Erasable pens are prohibited for use on application form and official documents.
- One color photograph taken within the last 6 months (The photo must be 4.5 cm x 4.5 cm with plain background).
- Submit the required documents. The duration of visa processing may vary if the applicant’s documents are incomplete, or he/she is requested to submit additional documents, or our consulate has to make inquiries to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo. Please note that it is possible that a visa may not be issued even though all the necessary documents are submitted.
- Prepare the visa fee and the service fee in cash.
- Visa will not be granted if counterfeit or forged documents are submitted. However, the provision of satisfactory documents does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.
- The Embassy of Japan in Indonesia will keep all documents submitted to us. If certain original documents need to be returned, please inform the staff and submit photocopies.
To the applicants who wished to apply with a proxy person
It is required of the applicant himself/herself to visit visa center to apply for visa directly in general rule. However, in cases where it falls under any of the following cases, or when applying for a batch by a company/organization, etc, their representative (staff of company /relatives) can apply on behalf of the principal.
- Under 16-year-old junior, over 60-year-old senior, or person with a disability who has difficulty to appear to lodged the application himself/herself.
- The applicant who apply for visa through a registered (with Japan embassy) travel agency.
In addition to the complete set of application documents, the following documents need to be prepared, unless you apply through a registered (by the embassy of Japan) travel agency.
- A representative from company: ID of the representative (photocopy) and the letter of attorney signed by the applicant himself/herself.
- A relative of applicant: ID of the representative (photocopy) and a Certificate which proves the relation with principle (photocopy)
Note; Even if the application is submitted by proxy person, applicant himself/herself must sign on the application form, unless the person has a specific reason such as underage or with disability.
For Customer visit to Japan Visa Application Centre
Read the security regulation notices before you visit the Visa application center.
13. Intensive Language Training & Culture Lessons.
While preparing the travel documents, you must attend an intensive language class and culture lesson.
Within 1 month you will be given a practical language lesson and know how to live and study in Japan.
WELL WE BELIEVE YOU GOT ALL THE INFORMATION NEEDED FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP PLEASE SHARE WITH FRIENDS TO HELP THEM TOO.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
The Mitsui Bussan Scholarship Program for Indonesia is currently ongoing. the scholarship is a non-profit foundation established in 1992 to cultivate individuals that will contribute to the further development of Indonesia and promote exchange and goodwill between Japan and Indonesia.