If you are going to be accepted to study in any institution of your choice basically depends on how you file your application. Obviously, there are dos and don’ts when it comes to applying to study in a good academic institution, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is not an exemption.
If you’re going to be accepted in this reputable institution, The way you file your application matters a lot. Your MIT application process is as important as the study itself. Because any slight inconsistency can deny you being accepted.
Transfer requirements and application process at Massachusetts Institute of Technology may vary across years. This article would be focused on exposing the possible easiest ways to process your MIT transfer in 2019, obviously, there are do’s and don’ts when it comes to applying today’s institution.
Everything you could think of has a better way of doing it, in the same vein, there is a better way of filing any type of application.
World Scholarship Forum have put together this hacks that will help you to easily apply for MIT transfer in 2019. It would be focused on giving you a short and easy process to follow and file an effective transfer application that would be difficult to be turned down by the MIT Board.
You might want to go over the information on this article more than once to effectively assimilate this information.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR MIT TRANSFER IN 2019
The core mission of MIT is to push-forward knowledge and effectively educate students in the field of science, technology, and other related areas of opportunity that will best provide service to the nation and the globe in the 21st century.
Today MIT is a GLOBAL and world-class academic institution. Teaching and research with relevance to our modern practical world as a guiding route continue to be its basic purpose.
MIT is independent, privately endowed and coeducational. It has five schools and one college and it encompasses tons of academic departments, degree-granting programs, and divisions, as well as divers disciplinary centers, laboratories, and good programs whose work goes across traditional departmental lines.
MIT TRANSFER REQUIREMENTS IN 2019
Before we go over to the part where I’ll show you how to easily go through your MIT application process easier. It is imported you know the basic requirements (what you must have) before starting your MIT application process.
Be for thinking of transferring to Massachusetts Institute of technology, first of all, ask yourself if you’ve completed 2 or more study terms at an accredited university, college, tech institute, military school (academy) or community college. If you have done any of these then you may proceed with your MIT application process.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology does not admit transferring students who have not finished more than 1 or less than 2 1/2 years in an accredited academic institution.
Transfer Applications Received: Fall: 459
Transfer Applications Accepted: Fall: 18
Percentage Accepted: Fall: Less than 5%
Transfer Applicants Enrolled: Fall: 18
Minimum GPA: There is no documented minimum required Grade Point Average. However, competitive students who are applying have a GPA of 3.5 or even above that, and mostly “A”s in subjects like mathematics and other science courses.
- Official Transcripts: Submission of official college transcripts and high school or secondary school transcripts is required by MIT transfer board
- SAT Scores: To process your MIT transfer in 2019, you must take part in taking the new SAT I with the component of writing and 2 SAT II subject tests, one would be in mathematics (Level 1 2) and another one in science (Physics, Biology E/M or Chemistry). I have taken the Writing SAT II subject test, you can bypass that test.
- Letters of Recommendation: The submission of 3 evaluation forms given to you from college instructors is important and also required with your application.
- Essay: There are not less than 2 required essays on the application.
- Application Fee: $75 non-refundable transfer application fee is required to be paid. If you think you qualify for a waiver, please do well to contact our office.
- Interview: An interview with you in person is required but not required for admission consideration.
Other Requirements: Massachusetts Institute of Technology recommend that applicants take a variety of mathematics and other science courses before starting MIT application process, including a year each of higher level calculus and physics-based calculus, and a semester each of chemistry and biology.
EASIEST WAY TO PROCESS MIT TRANSFER IN 2019
In MIT Application Process, most transfer applicants don’t use MyMIT; instead, they reserve a custom application that they used to submit their personal information, activities, grades, essays, and many other materials, while some important official documents must be sent via email or fax.
For easy application processing, the following components must be submitted online:
- 2019 Transfer Application: The MIT application for admissions of transferring students is now available.
The MIT application process for spring entry is due by November 15.
The application for fall entry is due March 15. (If you are an international student you may only apply for fall entry)
- Three letters of recommendation: One of these letters would come from mathematics or a science professor and 2 from any professors who know you very well.
- Application fee of $75.
The remaining documents should be mailed directly to Massachusetts Institute of Technology:
- An official college transcript(s), it must be in a very sealed envelope.
- If you are accepted, a final transcript that covers all the subjects taken subsequently should be sent as immediate as it is available.
- If you attended two or more colleges or university, you must send in transcripts from all the colleges you attended.
- High school transcript or secondary school record and it must be in a sealed envelope.
Mail documents to:
MIT Processing Center
P.O. Box 9222
Watertown, MA 02471
The aforementioned materials may also be faxed to 617-687-9174.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Minimum Grade: The least grade earned in any course that could be transferred for credit must be B.
Credits (Min/Max): You must have a minimum of 2 semesters of college education before applying to transfer to Massachusetts Institute of technology, but no more than 5.
Transfer credit is can only be assessed by each department only on course by course basis.
Transfer students are expected to complete at least three semesters at MIT before they can earn a bachelors degree.
Get the transfer policy documents here
77 Massachusetts Avenue
02139-4307 United States
Email: [email protected].
Transfer Admission Contact:
The transfer acceptance process is extremely competitive, even more, competitive than the first-year admissions process. Over the past years out of 35-50 who apply they’ve accepted only from 0-5; for the fall period out of 400-500 applicants they’ve accepted anywhere from 15-20.
But do take a chance, present application, and self in the best light, and hope that the best should come. they’re limited by space, and they choose those who they feel are a very good match and who they feel would bring uniqueness and specialties to the community.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- MIT – Zaragoza Master Essay Competition 2019
- International Students Fully funded Undergraduate Scholarships in Thailand, 2019
- 10 Best Computer Science Universities In the World
- GAFS-AIT Scholarship for International Students in Thailand 2019-2020
- World Council of Churches – WCC scholarships programme, 2019
- 27 best universities for computer science in the world: Scholarships & Tuition fees
- Top 23 USA Universities with the powerful Alumni Network
- Surgery Online Global Scholarships at University of Edinburgh, 2019
- KWEF Scholarships for Asian Students at AIT in Thailand, 2019
- OzGREEN Youth Leading the World (YLTW) Training Program 2019 – Cambodia
- World Economic Forum Global Leadership Fellowship 2019
- Excellence Scholarships at North American University in USA, 2019
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
find out the short and easy process to follow and file an effective transfer application that would be difficult to be turned down by the MIT Admissions.