SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Last updated on February 28th, 2018 at 09:20 am
Applicants are invited to forward their applications for the Miss.Africa Round III Seed Funding Tech Initiative for women in Africa 2018/19, eligible applicants will be considered for this program.
Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy,is announcing a Seed Fund in Africa that will offer grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives that will increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles.
- The 2016 Seed Grant for the amount Five Thousand US dollars (USD 5,000) will assist the winning initiative to start or expand their capacity.
- A second category of One Thousand United States Dollars (USD 1000) will be granted as a prize for two other applicants from emerging African countries that create further socio-economic value for women by effectively leveraging tech opportunities.
To apply for a Miss.Africa Seed Fund grant applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
Application must be submitted in English.
Applying as an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields.
- Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds).
Proposed projects MUST have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science and/or STEM- related fields.
Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology.
Projects eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
– Computer science workshops and trainings for women and girls
– Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs
– Programming and app development training programs
– Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls
February 2, 2018: Miss.Africa Seed Fund Application Deadline
March 2, 2018: Round One of Miss.Africa grants announced.
For More Information: