SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Ministry of Education is offering the 2017-2018 Aspire Scholarship. New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Aspire Scholarship has been designed for students from low-income families who would like to attend a New Zealand private secondary school.
Education.govt.nz is the new portal for education information in New Zealand, maintained by the Ministry of Education. The site is designed to help you find what you need about education in New Zealand. The main part of the site contains information organised around the three education stages: early learning, schooling, and further education. These sections contain a range of information and links to other sites and include general information, as well as more specialized topics for educators and administrators.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to students who will be in Year 9 in 2018.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: An Aspire Scholarship will contribute up to $15,000 per year for tuition fees, and up to $1,500 per year for course related costs, for Years 9-13, the duration of a student’s attendance at their chosen private school. Tuition fees include term fees, enrolment fees, application fees, and any other compulsory attendance fee that is directly related to a student’s tuition. It is the responsibility of the parents/caregivers to pay for any remaining school fees over and above the contribution from the Aspire Fund. Course related costs are any additional school items or costs related to the student’s schooling.
The scholarship does not cover boarding fees. If a student chooses to board at a private boarding school, families may use their $1,500 course related costs allowance towards the costs of boarding but are otherwise responsible for any boarding costs. The scholarship can only be used at New Zealand’s fully registered private secondary schools (also known as independent schools). It cannot be used at the state or state-integrated schools.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: A student is eligible for a 2018 Aspire Scholarship if:
- they will be in Year 9 in 2018
- their primary caregiver(s) have a joint annual gross income of $56,000 or less (not including Working for Families tax credits)
- their primary caregiver(s) have a combined net worth of $200,000 or less (not including household items)
- they, or their primary caregiver(s), are not beneficiaries of any trusts (exceptions will be made on a case by case basis)
- they are a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand
- an application is received at the Ministry of Education National Office by 5 pm on Friday 19 May 2017
Nationality: New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply: Applications should be-
- Email completed applications to aspire.scholarship-at-education.govt.nz with the student’s name in the subject line.
- or post to Aspire Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Sector Enablement and Support, PO Box 1666, Wellington 6140
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 19, 2017.