Milliman Opportunity Scholarship Program assists students from colleges and universities of racial and ethnic origin who are qualified in the fields of actuarial science, data science, computer science, programming, economics, mathematics, statistics, data analysis, and finance in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa.
Scholarship America is happy to announce the Wendell Milliman Scholarship Program. This is in a bid to discourage the division racism can cause.
The Milliman Scholarship is open to all students who wish to study one of the fields listed above. This program takes place in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa.
To be qualified for the Milliman Scholarship, applicants must:
- Identify as one of the races or ethnic groups listed above in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, or Australia.
- Be living and registered in a college or university in Canada, US, UK, Ireland, South Africa, or Australia.
- Be a student or intending student in Actuarial science, Computer science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Programming, and Statistics.
- Have a high academic achievement with shown interest and proficiency in their declared or intended field.
- Be planning to attend an accredited college or university on a full-time basis in an undergraduate course of study.
Level/Field of Study
The Milliman Opportunity Scholarship is open to all university and college students in the fields of actuarial science, data science, computer science, programming, economics, mathematics, statistics, data analysis, and finance.
Milliman Inc. is one of the largest international, independent actuarial and business consulting firms in the world. Founded in Seattle, Washington, US in 1947 by Wendell Milliman and Stuart A. Robertson, the firm operates 59 offices all over the world.
The Wendell Milliman Scholarship is available to students from qualifying ethnic groups and races who have historically been under-represented in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, and Australia.
- The United States and Canada applicants must identify as Black or African American, Latino/Hispanic, American Indian or Alaskan Native, or Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
- The UK and Ireland applicants must identify as Black African, Black Caribbean, Irish Traveller, or Gypsy.
- South Africa applicants must identify as Black or Coloured.
- Australia applicants must identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders.
In the United States, Canada, Ireland, or the United Kingdom, the enrollment period is the entire 2020-2021 academic year and in South Africa or Australia, the entire 2021 academic year.
No amount was stated as the reward for the Milliman Opportunity Scholarship. However, the applicants will get information on what the benefit is.
All applications for this Wendell Milliman Scholarship 2020 runs from February 14, through April 13, 2020.
For more information on the Milliman Opportunity Scholarship and how to apply, interested applicants should click on the link below:
Interested applicants can send an email to: