$2,500 NMFA Military Spouse Scholarship 2020
The National Association of Military Families (NMFA) is pleased to announce the Military Spouse Scholarship. The scholarship program is named after Joanne Holbrook Patton, daughter of the Fifth Generation Army and daughter-in-law of General George S. Patton.
NMFA has taken note of the barriers military spouses face as a result of the mobile military lifestyle and want to help them “get to the finish line.” The NMFA scholarship program together with partner scholarships, help in bridging the gap and thereby, making a difference between unemployment and meaningful employment.
The purpose of the Military Spouse Grants and Scholarships is to prepare military spouses for meaningful employment and to better contribute to the financial security of their families.
Scholarships and professional fees for the Military Spouse Scholarship range from $500 to $2,500 for the degree study, businesses and so on.
Level/Field of Study
The National Association of Military Families (NMFA), USA is the voice of military families. For more than 45 years, they have pursued the mission of these women military and are determined to give all their families the feeling of being powerful, resilient and well prepared.
The Military Spouse Scholarship is open to the spouses of military members in the US.
To apply for the Military Spouse Grant and Scholarship, an applicant has to fall into the following category:
- Be a military spouse with a valid military ID married to active duty, a reserve, a guard, a retiree, a medical retiree, a casualty or a deceased soldier (must be a service related wound or death that occurred after 11 September 2020).
- A military spouse with two services.
- Divorced spouse, but only if you receive benefits on 20/20/20 or 20/20/15 benefits.
- Be married when verification paperwork is asked for, usually one month after completing the application.
- Surviving spouses who are remarried are not eligible; unless they are married to a military member.
- Children are not eligible (see the Defense Commissary Agency Military Children Scholarships).
- Spouses of former military members who are not retired or medically retired are not eligible.
How to Apply
To apply for the Military Spouse Scholarship 2020, applicants must register themselves using the link provided below:
NMFA Military Spouse Scholarships awards can be used for a variety of educational and employment pursuits. Scholarship funds on average are $1,000 and can be used towards degrees, certifications, licensure, clinical supervision for mental health licensure, CEUs, business expenses and more
Scholarships and professional awards range from $500 to $2,500. The premium is a single payment that must be used within 12 months.
No deadline is given for the submission of applications for the Military Spouse Scholarship. However, applicants can check on their official website(the link is provided below) to be updated.
For more information on Military Spouse Scholarship 2020, interested applicants should click on the link below: