Applicants from Europe, middle east and Africa are invited to apply for the Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Programme in EMEA for PhD Students 2018, Hurry now and apply.
The Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Programme in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) was launched in 2004 and has so far supported more than 200 PhD students from more than 18 countries and 51 institutions.
Some of the Scholars may also be offered—at the sole discretion of Microsoft Research—an internship in one of the Microsoft Research laboratories. Internships involve working on a project alongside and as part of a team of Microsoft researchers. Scholars are paid during their internship—in addition to their scholarship bursary. Interested Scholars can apply through the Microsoft Research careers page.
Applications must not be made by students but by PhD supervisors, who must have been in dialogue with the prospective Microsoft supervisor and jointly collaborated on the proposal prior to the submission deadline. If their project is selected, the supervisor has until 31 March 2019 to find the best possible student for the project; otherwise, the PhD Agreement will be terminated automatically. Only applications from institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will be considered.
For an application to be considered, the following key requirements apply:
- The institute agrees to the terms and conditions in the PhD Term Sheet and EPSRC Term Sheet where appropriate .
- The applicant must be in dialogue with the prospective Microsoft supervisor prior to the submission deadline and jointly drafting the proposal.
- The proposed research must be closely related to our research ambitions at Microsoft Research in Cambridge:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Infrastructure for the Cloud
- The Future of Work
- Biological Computation
This year, Microsoft are particularly interested in proposals related to:
- Machine Learning for Healthcare
- Optics in the Cloud (networking, storage and compute)
- Confidential Computation
- Designing AI for Human Partnership
|For the application process:|
|Online submission tool open:||15th September 2017|
|Application deadline:||12th October 2017|
|Notification of results:||Stage 1 ~ By the end of October 2017|
|Stage 2 ~ By the end of January 2018|
|For successful applicants:|
|PhD Agreements sent to Institutes by:||16th February 2018|
|Signed PhD Agreements returned to MSR via Docusign by:||30th June 2018|
|PhD students to be appointed by:||31st March 2019|
Application Deadline: 12th October 2017
For More Information: