The University of Vermont is delighted to invite applications for Merit Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students in the USA. The scholarship is awarded to undergraduate international students on the grounds of Merit.
Undergraduate admission is open to most of the Universities in the world now. Though, the University of Vermont is one of those universities which is giving out a scholarship for merit base student.
The University of Vermont offers to fund international students in the form of a merit scholarship. The international merit scholarship goes up to $20,000 per year.
If you are admitted to UVM, then you will be automatically considered for the merit scholarship, there is no separate application.
Applicants will be considered automatically for scholarships, like grades, SAT/ACT testing, extracurricular activities, essays, and letters of recommendation will all be considered as part of scholarship review.
You will be notified at the time of admission should you receive an international merit scholarship.
Field/Level of study:
The Scholarship is meant for Undergraduate Students pursuing a 4-year degree in any field of choice.
The Scholarship is hosted at the University of Vermont, USA. Only Students wishing to secure an undergraduate admission or students who are already pursuing their undergraduate program can apply for the scholarships.
International students can apply for these scholarships
The University of Vermont Merit Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students Awards are categorized into
- Have good academic performance
- Must have a minimum cumulative 2.8-grade point average in your first year, and a 3.0 in subsequent years along with enrollment in 12 or more credits per semester is required to remain eligible for these scholarships.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
The Application to the Scholarship is strictly done online. Let nobody deceive you telling you that the scholarships are meant for a physical location.
In addition, there are no separate applications for these scholarships that is why the are merit scholarships.
Official website: For more information, please visit. Click here to go to the official website
As an international student applying for the first time, You need to apply on either the common app or coalition application.
If you are currently enrolled at a university and are applying as a transfer student, please use the COALITION APP. It attracts a Fee: $55 (U.S.) nonrefundable application fee.
Information on how to apply to the school as an international student.
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must have an American high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Language Requirement: All applicants whose first language is not English must send official TOEFL or IELTS test scores to the Office of Admissions. University requires the scores to be sent by the testing agency directly to the Office of Admissions.
- The minimum TOEFL iBT score for the direct entry is 90, and the IELTS score is 6.5. Students who need English language instruction prior to beginning college-level coursework may apply to the UVM Global Gateway Program (GGP). The GGP is an English language acquisition program that combines English training with university coursework. TOEFL minimum for the 1-term GGP is 80 and the IELTS minimum is 6.5. The TOEFL minimum for the 2-term GGP is 65 and the IELTS minimum is 6.0. The TOEFL minimum for the 3-term GGP is 55 and the IELTS minimum is 5.5
November 1, 2021
To be eligible for this scholarship at the University of Vermont, all you have to do is apply to the school from the links we have provided above.
This is one of the reasons international students with high academic records should apply to the university.
Once your CGPA and SAT/ACT scores are high and reach the one stipulated by the school, then you will be automatically awarded.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Kindly rate our post 5 STAR on the review box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.