In other to provide a subsidized cost of attendance, Syracuse University offers merit-based scholarships and provides steps to apply for scholarships awarded by outside sources to international students. The scholarships are available for further study.
Merit-based scholarships (money that does not need to be repaid) for undergraduate students are awarded by the Admissions Committee to recognize academic achievement regardless of financial need. These scholarships are based on:
- Academic credentials
- Performance on standardized tests
- Class rank
- Portfolio or audition results (if relevant)
- Leadership, community, and extracurricular involvement
- Overall citizenship
About the University
Syracuse University is a private research university located in Syracuse, New York, USA. The roots of this institution come from Genesee Wesleyan Seminary (later Genesee College), founded in 1831 by the Methodist Episcopal Church of Lima, New York. Syracuse is recognized as a student-focused, global research university renowned for academic rigor, richly diverse learning experiences, and a spirit of discovery.
The scholarship is available for the students who are pursuing an undergraduate programme in any of the courses offered in the University. You can have access to explore other Undergraduate scholarships, Just click on the link
The Syracuse scholarships have three scholarships that recognize the academic achievements of the best students admitted to university programs:
- Founder Award ($20,000 per year)
- Chancellor’s Scholarship ($15,000 per year)
- Dean’s Scholarship ($10,000 per year)
A limited number of special scholarships for successful students will also be awarded:
- The Complete Scholarship of 1870 ($45,150 per year): The 1870 Scholarship is the highest recognition offered by the admissions office. Potential recipients appointed for the year of the foundation of the University will be assessed on their academic and creative achievements, personal performance and commitment to community service, proven support for others, and global perspective. 1870 scholars are admitted to the honorary program.
- Excellence Scholarship ($30,000 per year)
- Archbold Day Scholarship ($25,000 per year): Inspired by the extensive campus expansion of former Board Chair John D. Archbold and the fourth Chancellor of Syracuse University, James Roscoe Day, have outstanding leadership, great potential and the promise of changing the world for the better. Archbold Day Fellows are admitted to the honors program.
- Scholarship (22,575 USD per year)
- Distinguished Art Portfolio Award ($ 10,000 per year)
- Distinguished Theatrical Performance Award ($ 10,000 per year)
- Distinguished Music Performance Award ($ 10,000 per year)
- Distinguished Architecture Portfolio Award ($ 10,000 per year)
The Syracuse merit scholarships are available for international students who are current students or enrolled into Syracuse University. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers is not specified
Eligibility for Scholarship
To qualify, applicants must be enrolled in, or have graduated from, an accredited secondary school.
The mode of applying is online.
- Common Application
- Official secondary school transcript
- Senior year grade report
- Standardized test scores: SAT (old or new) or ACT. An essay is not required with the new SAT. ACT writing section is not required.
- Secondary school counselor evaluation
- Two academic recommendations
- Early Decision agreement (if you are applying ED)
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.