If you are searching for any of the following opportunities, just know that you are in the right place. World Scholarship Forum as the leading Scholarship site in the world has taken it upon themselves to update students searching for the following related terms.
- Mensa Scholarship Program
- Mensa Foundation Scholarship 2020
- The Mensa Scholarship Application
- Mensa International Scholarship
- Mensa Scholarship Deadline
- The Mensa US Scholarship
The Mensa Foundation’s College Scholarship Program has dished out about 9,000 applications in recent years, with an average of $140,000 in awards each year to students around the U.S.
Mensa scholarship program relies on humble donations from approximately 450 volunteers around the country with support from the Foundation’s office staff.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program.
- More About the Scholarship
- Level/Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationalities
- Scholarship Worth
- Mensa Scholarship Foundation Program Eligibility
- How to Apply for Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program 2020
- Mensa Scholarship Application Deadline
- Mensa Scholarship Application link
- EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATION
More About the Scholarship
The Mensa College Scholarship Program includes one or more scholarships of $2000, and may also include Honorable Mentions, all of which are awarded in accordance with the dictates of the Board of Directors of the MCSP, as the funding permits.
The Mensa Foundation scholarship program bases its awards totally on essays written by the applicants, therefore considerations will not be given to grades, academic program or financial need. By writing your career plan and describing the means you undertake to achieve your goals, you may earn a scholarship of $2000.
Essays may be written either in English or in French, but only one essay would be accepted per applicant. The Mensa Canada Scholarship Program wishes to reward students who follow through with their career strategy.
Any claims made in the essay will be subjected to verification, including but not limited to patents, publications, academic standings, and medical procedures. The decision of the judges is final. Only the finalists will be contacted, by phone or other means according to the information supplied in their application.
Finalists will be required to provide official proof of enrollment and sign a written consent form indicating that the submitted essay is entirely his or her own work and to allow the Mensa Canada Scholarship Program’s designated agents to use their name, photograph for publicity purposes.
Applicants may also be asked to provide proof of U.S citizenship, resident permit or landed immigrant status and up to two letters of reference.
Level/Field of Study
Mensa International Scholarship is for college students who are currently studying in the United States and also for International Mensa Member attending a college other than in the US
The Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program is taken and hosted in the United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States.
The Foundation’s International Scholarship Program is open to international Mensans around the world, other than American Mensa.
The Mensa College Scholarship Program offers a number of different scholarships, with awards ranging from $2000 to $3000, and each scholarship has its own eligibility requirements.
Mensa Scholarship Foundation Program Eligibility
Applicants applying for the Mensa Scholarship Program must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship;
- U.S. applicants need not be Mensa members. However, Mensa members may apply for both these scholarship programs and the additional Mensa Member Award Program. American Mensa members are eligible to apply to both the public scholarship program and the American Mensa member scholarship program. In the event that a member or dependent wins in both programs, only the scholarship of higher value will be awarded following the Foundation’s rule of one award per applicant.
- Applicants must be U.S citizens or landed immigrants enrolled in a full-time program at an American post-secondary institution, accredited by the applicable provincial Ministry of Education, during the 2020 – 2021 academic year.
- A full-time program is defined by consecutive Fall and Winter semesters.
- While some of the scholarships are for specific areas of study, most are for students in any major.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old by January 31, 2020.
- All general awards are unrestricted as to race, gender, level of post-secondary education or financial need.
How to Apply for Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program 2020
- To apply, interested candidates need only to review our rules and criteria, and to submit a 250-word essay describing your career goals in 250 words or less.
- Save your essay in TXT or RTF format under the title “Essay”.
- Your essay should describe specific goals (academic, vocational or career). It should contain explicit ideas and information.
- Indicate the course of study and the post-secondary institution which you are attending in the 2020 – 2021 academic year.
- Describe any steps you have taken, relevant experience gained (e.g., paid or volunteer jobs, classes, honors, offices, organizations) and any difficulties you have overcome in pursuit of your goal. State the steps by which you intend to achieve your goal.
- The essay text must not contain any form of the author’s identity.
- Your e-mail must contain only your personal information and the attached file must contain only your essay. The e-mails and the attached files will be numbered and separated. The essays will be judged anonymously.
- Applications must be sent by e-mail as indicated in the instructions on the Submit Essay page. Those received by any other means (e. g. links to web pages, by post or by fax) will be disqualified.
- Please do not submit your essay more than once, or e-mail the judges to ask if they have received your essay. Unless you receive a “Mail Undeliverable” e-mail reply within 2-3 minutes, then your essay has been submitted successfully.
Application Judging Process:
- Mensa’s Foundation assembles local judging teams of at least three members to review the applications. The essays are judged based on content and also grammar, organization, and craftsmanship.
- The Local Scholarship board refers to the best local essays to the Regional Scholarship board for review. The regional board arranges for all of the essays referred from local chapters to be judged a second time.
- Regional judges rank the local winners and nominate the best essays for regional and national awards. These essays are then forwarded to the National Scholarship Chairs. The National Scholarship Chairs conduct additional rounds of judging to select the regional and national winners.
- Each applicant can receive only one Mensa Foundation scholarship per year; therefore, the winners are chosen to begin at the highest dollar amounts. The next highest scores receive awards of the next lower amounts, and so on until all the winners are chosen based on the judges’ scores.
- The final list of scholarship winners will be presented to the Mensa Foundation Board of Trustees, to certify the winners.
- The selected winners will be notified by mail and given instructions for claiming their award. They are required to submit proof of registration in a degree program during the following academic year as well as proof of U.S. citizenship.
Mensa Scholarship Application Deadline
The scholarship is not ongoing for now, It ended on January 15, 2020. The results of the competition will be announced in late July or early August 2020. We will update you when the next scholarship begins.
Mensa Scholarship Application link
Visit Mensa Foundation Scholarship 2020 Official Application Link
- KNUST MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships
- Laptop Runner Scholarship Application
- Foot Locker Scholarship Program| UPDATED
- Dalda Scholarship Grants for Pakistani Students (UPDATED)
- Obama Foundation Internships [PAID]
- Djibestbuy College Scholarship Program
- Cailloux Scholarships in USA
- Prime Bank Foundation Scholarship
- David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships for African Students
- DORRANCE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM | UPDATED