The Middle East and North Africa MENA scholars are been invited to hurry and apply for the MENA Scholarship Programme for North Africa– The Netherlands 2020, all applicants are advised to ensure that they comply with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification.
About MENA Scholarships:
The MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) enables professionals from ten selected countries to participate in a short course in the Netherlands. The overall aim of the MSP is to contribute to the democratic transition in the participating countries. It also aims at building capacity within organizations, by enabling employees to take part in short courses in various fields of study.
There are scholarships available for short courses with a duration of two to twelve weeks.
Target group: The MSP target group consists of professionals, aged up to 45, who are nationals of and work in one of the selected countries.
Scholarships are awarded to individuals, but the need for training must be demonstrated within the context of the organisation for which the applicant works. The training must help the organisation develop its capacity. Therefore, applicants must be nominated by their employers who have to motivate their nomination in a supporting letter.
Accepted Subject Areas:
You can use an MSP scholarship for a number of selected short courses in one of the following fields of study:
- Management and Accounting
- Agriculture and Environment
- Natural sciences and Computer sciences
- Law Public Administration
- Public order and Safety
- Social sciences
- Communication and Arts
A MENA Scholarship Programme is a contribution to the costs of the selected short course and is intended to supplement the salary that the scholarship holder must continue to receive during the study period.
The following items are covered:
- subsistence allowance
- international travel costs
- visa costs
- course fee
- medical insurance
- allowance for study materials.
To be taken at (country):
- must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the MSP country list valid at the time of application;
- must have an employer’s statement that complies with the format EP-Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
- multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
- large national and/or a large commercial organisations,
- bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
- international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- must have an official and valid passport (valid at least three months after the candidate’s submission date);
- must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- must not be over 45 years of age at the time of the grant submission.
The allowances are considered to be sufficient to cover one person’s living expenses during the study period. The scholarship holders must cover any other costs from their own resources.
How to Apply: You need to apply directly at the Dutch higher education institution of your choice.
- Check whether you are in the abovementioned target groups.
- Check whether your employer will nominate you.
- An overview of the MSP courses available for the April 2020 deadline will be available in February 2020.
- Contact the Dutch higher education institution that offers the course of your choice to find out whether this course is eligible for an MSP scholarship and how to apply.
It is important to go through the application information details on the Scholarship Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: April 2020. Participating institutions have different application deadlines. Please check the website of your desired school for individual deadline
Important Notes: MSP is not currently open to applicants applying from Syria. Applicants with the Syrian nationality may however apply if they are residing and working in one of the other selected MSP countries.