Applications are invited at the University of Melbourne for two Human Rights Scholarships for students undertaking Master by research and doctoral by research program at the university. The winning students will receive benefits of a fortnightly living allowance. To apply, the application packet must be received no later than 31 October 2017.
The University of Melbourne invites students who are undertaking Masters or PhD degrees by research at the University in the field of human rights in AY 2017/18, to apply for the Human Rights Scholarship. This year, there are two scholarships will be awarded.
Those are selected may expect to receive the benefits as follow:
- A fortnightly living allowance;
- Relocation grant for students moving to Melbourne from interstate or from outside Australia
- Thesis allowance
- Limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave
Level and Area of Studies
Master and doctoral degree in Human Rights.
Place of Study
At the University of Melbourne in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, candidates should satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of upper second class honours;
- have applied for or be enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne in the area of human rights; and
- be committed to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights that extends beyond academic studies (such as voluntary work and/or work experience);
- not have completed a course deemed to be at the same level or higher than the course for which you have applied for or enrolled in; and
- not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship
There is no nationality restriction.
The application form can be obtained from the website and application link below.
31 October 2017.