Last updated on April 26th, 2017 at 11:32 am
Mediterranean Youth Mathematical Championship MYMC poised to encourage Mediterranean youth, both male and female, to develop an interest in Mathematics, a discipline which has been of great importance for the growth of the cultural community of the Mediterranean, with its many nations and religions.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Gibraltar, Spain, Egypt, Libya, Malta, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, France, Monaco, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine.
To be taken at (country): Roma Tre University, Rome, Italy
About the Award: The aim of the MYMC is to bring together Mediterranean youth of different backgrounds through their shared passion for mathematics. It is our hope that long-lasting connections will be built, and in turn, greater understanding among different cultures will be advanced.
- This competition is for high school students in schools in the countries above, to encourage interest in mathematics
- Each participating country is represented by a team of four students and by one chaperon.
- The four students are two boys and two girls, currently in their final three years of high school, at least fifteen years old and at most nineteen years old.
- In all rounds, the problems are either multiple-choice or with numerical answers. The problems are written in English.
- In all rounds, the four students of a team work together towards the solution of the problems they are given.
- The only instruments permitted are writing and drawing instruments, such as rulers and compasses. In particular, books, papers, tables, calculators, protractors, computers and communication devices are not allowed into the examination room.
Value of Contest: In the awards ceremony of July 21, 2017:
- the team in first place will receive the gold medal
- the team in second place will receive the silver medal
- all other teams will receive a bronze medal.
Duration of Scholarship: July 19-22, 2017
How to Apply: It is important to go through the Contest Webpage for more details before applying.
Award Providers: The MYMC is organized by: Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica (INDAM), the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Università degli Studi Internazionali di Roma (UNINT), Sapienza Università di Roma, Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Università degli Studi Roma Tre, il Ministero degli Affari Esteri e della Cooperazione Internazionale (MAECI) and il Ministero dell’Istruzione dell’Università e della Ricerca (MIUR). The venue of the MYMC alternates between Rome and Trieste, Italy.