SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are invited at the MedEvac Foundation International Foundation for the Children’s, Scholarship Fund. The Scholarship is aimed at sponsoring those students who are enrolled or accepted into an accredited college, university or vocational-technical school. The purpose of the program is to provide financial assistance for higher education to children who lost a parent in an air medical or critical care ground transport accident.The MedEvac Foundation International has supported research, education, and outreach programs that enhance the industry’s ability to provide quality medical care, provide safe & effective air and ground medical transportation for every patient in need. Hence, the The foundation will provide total $10,000 award to winning candidates (two scholarships of $5,000).
The MedEvac Foundation International is an international nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization headquartered in the Washington, DC area. The Foundation helps the Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) represent the Air Medical and the Critical Care Ground Transport Industry.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled or accepted into an accredited college, university or vocational-technical school.
- Be a former dependent of an air or ground medical transport crewmember or patient that lost their lives or were seriously injured in an air medical accident, this includes parents, step-parents, legal guardians, and grandparents.
- Applicants will be evaluated according to academic achievement, financial need and community service.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application through the given link: http://medevacfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Children_Scholarship_Application_2017.pdf
- Prepare a 300-word essay on one of the following topics:
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, the risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- Describe your leadership achievements or significant service contributions to your school or community.
- Describe a significant event or person in your life that has influenced your future plans. Tell them what your plans are and how the significant event or person helped create those plans.
- Have a teacher/professor, or guidance counselor complete the Educator’s Statement. Statements must be submitted in a sealed envelope from the author.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from someone other than an educator or family member (a mentor, manager at your employment or volunteer position, community leader, etc.). Recommendations must be submitted in a sealed envelope from the author.
- Include your most recent grade transcript.
- All signatures must be provided where indicated on the application.
The complete application packet must be postmarked to:
MedEvac Foundation International
Attention: Krista Fuentes
Children’s Scholarship Fund
909 N. Washington Street, Suite 410
Alexandria, VA 22314
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Foundation will award two scholarships of $5,000 (one for a child who has a lost a parent in an air medical transport accident and one for a child who has lost a parent in a critical care ground transport accident) to a deserving student entering or enrolled in college, university or vocational-technical school.
Applications are due on Monday, July 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact to Krista Fuentes at kfuentes-at-aams.org or 703-836-8732.