Entries are currently been submitted for the MBC Start-up Africa program in Ghana 2019-2020, all owners of businesses in their start-up stages are invited to be part of this program.
The Growing Business Together (GBT) program aims to promote entrepreneurship among young Ghanaians by offering an opportunity for these entrepreneurs to learn and refine a diverse business skill set via coaching from experienced Ghanaian coaches.
The key components of the Growing Business Together initiative include a 9-month GBT Academy, the GBT Coaches Program and the GBT Startup Investment Conference. There is a parallel project for Ghanaians based in the Netherlands who seek to start businesses in Ghana.
The GBT Academy gives entrepreneurs the chance to receive full support to accelerate their business’ growth. The Academy is a top-up program for the twenty entrepreneurs that have been selected to go through the GBT Program.
Next, to one-on-one coaching, the GBT Academy offers participants access to hands-on experience, practical advice, networking, capacity building training sessions and connects businesses to potential partners and investors. By the end of the program (Nine Months), the businesses should be ready to attract investors into their company.
Structure of GBT Academy
The GBT Academy program is structured into key stages, beginning with an intense 3-day full-time boot camp, 7 weeks of capacity building training sessions and a one-day start-up investor conference.
During the capacity building training sessions, businesses are assigned to Coaches and Business Development Associates who help them to implement knowledge gained. Networking events are organized as part of the Academy program.
MBC Africa, a leading business accelerator working across Ghana, is running the GBT Academy.
Growing Business Together (GBT) has been set up to help start-ups in Ghana to overcome major hurdles. When you are a starting entrepreneur you do not yet have the track record and network to attract large customers or convince a bank to lend you the money for the investments you need to do.
Level/Field of study
These are the activities to be performed during the conference;-
- Business Matching
- Master Classes
- Business Pitching (5 businesses in batches of 3)
- Panel Discussions
- Networking Sessions
The MBC Start-up Africa program is hosted by the University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
TheMBC Start-up Africa program is open to indigenous students from Ghana. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
if you are a Ghanaian student with an ambition achieving academic excellence, seeing finance as a limitation to achieving that dream and you ask Where Can I see all Free Scholarship?
Worry no more! because you have just come to the right place. We have some interesting fully funded scholarships you can apply for.
MBC Start-up Africa program in Ghana 2019-2020 Benefits
other benefits include:
- A Five-week business booster training
- Access to relevant networks
- A dedicated mentor
- Ability to pitch
MBC Start-up Africa program in Ghana 2019 Eligibility
- Must be a Ghanaian owned and registered business.
- Ability to participate in the program from start to end.
- Have the age between 18 and 35 years.
- A minimum of two (2) years in operation.
- Three (3) or more employees in the business.
- Must have documented financial records to be used during the program.
Application Deadline MBC Start-up Africa program
December 31, 2019 at 00:00 * (GMT)
For More Information:
We also recommend the following available scholarships
- Heineken International Graduate Programme-Internship 2017-2018
- Internship Opportunity at International Criminal Tribunal Yugoslavia, UN, Hague
- UNU-INWEH International Internship Programme for Students 2017 – Canada
- UK SCHOLARSHIPS: Unilever Graduate Scholarship in the Sciences 2018/2019
- AIRBUS Internship Programme 2017 For Young University Students.
- EABL Pan Africa Graduate Programme for graduates, 2018
- South African Tourism Internship Programme, 2019-2020 [Updated]
- Islamic Development Bank Merit Scholarship Program,2019-2020
- Lagos Business School: Ranking, fees, Scholarships & Admission Requirements.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.