The University of New England is offering a scholarship to highly motivated PhD students interested in working as part of a dynamic research team on nonlinear partial differential equations at the School of Science and Technology, University of New England (UNE).
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to the University of New England.
The University of New England is a public university in Australia with approximately 21,000 higher education students. Its original and main campus is located in the city of Armidale in northern central New South Wales.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to students interested in working as part of a dynamic research team on nonlinear partial differential equations at the School of Science and Technology, University of New England (UNE).
Scholarship Award: The PhD Scholarship will commence in 2017, and will be paid at a fixed, annual rate of AUD$26,682 per year for three years. This scholarship also includes a fee offset component of, on average, $11, 000, funded by the Australian Commonwealth Government for domestic students.
Number of Scholarships: Two scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for these scholarships on “Nonlinear partial differential equations and free boundary problems”, applicants must:
- Have a First or Second (Division 1) Class Honours or Masters level qualification in a relevant field.
- Not be receiving an equivalent award, or scholarship to undertake the HDR.
- Have the capacity to undertake a substantial research project under the direction of the leadership team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have a letter of offer for a place in a UNE Research Degree (PhD), or have applied for a place at UNE.
- Must not be in receipt of an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the Scholarship rate, whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a First or Second (Division 1) Class Honours or Masters level qualification in a relevant field.
English language Requirements: The University of New England requires applicants from countries where English is not the principal language to provide a result of an IELTS test undertaken within 2 years of this application. Direct entry into Higher Degree Research courses requires an overall IELTS of 6.5. with no sub-band less than 6.0.
How to Apply: Please send an email to Prof Yihong Du with a statement of your background and interest in the project, your Curriculum Vitae, and a copy of your undergraduate academic transcripts.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is June 30, 2017.