Applications are ongoing for the Master’s Scholarships for Nigerian students at the University of Sussex 2020. Nigerian students can always apply. The scholarship is worth £3,000 for applicants that meet the eligibility criteria and will be awarded as a fee reduction upon registering at Sussex.
For applicants holding/expecting to achieve a First Class degree, equivalent to a British Bachelors Honours degree from a Higher Education Institution in Nigeria, the award will automatically be enhanced to £5,000.
The University of Sussex is a leading research-intensive university near Brighton. We have both an international and local outlook, with staff and students from more than 100 countries and frequent engagement in community activities and services.
Part of the vision of Sussex is to ensure that the student community remains international, diverse and representative. The provision of merit scholarships is therefore vital for our work. Graduate scholarships help ensure that Sussex attracts the world’s brightest minds and that the University maintains and enhances its reputation as a leading research institution in the world.
- About the Scholarship
- What You Need To Know About the Scholarships for Nigerian Students At University of Sussex
About the Scholarship
Launched in the fall of 2008, this scholarship is funded through the support of graduates in Economics and the Department of Economics. Economic research in Sussex focuses on policy-oriented research in development, international economics, and labor economics. It is closely linked to the needs of government bodies, such as the European Commission, the World Bank, the WTO, DFID, UNDP, and UNICEF, as well as the international academic community.
We focus on three highly overlapping working groups: international trade, development economics, and labor economics. The department has an impressive track record to attract research and doctoral students.
The focus in some African countries is motivated by the lack of funding opportunities for highly qualified African students. Our master’s programs in economics and development economics also benefit from the presence of African-born students who bring important personal experiences from developing countries that can be shared with other students from more developed countries.
What You Need To Know About the Scholarships for Nigerian Students At University of Sussex
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is open to postgraduate students studying for their full-time taught master’s programs university of Sussex. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The grant is open to Nigerian students. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to Study Abroad, you can check out our Study Abroad scholarships available for international students
The scholarship is £ 3,000 for candidates who meet the eligibility criteria. You will benefit from reduced rates when registering in Sussex.
For titular candidates / in the hope of obtaining a first-class degree, equivalent to a British honors degree from an institution of higher education in Nigeria, the price will automatically rise to £ 5,000.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must
If your offer of a place is conditional you will need to meet the conditions of your offer before you are admitted to the University and awarded the scholarship. To receive the enhanced award,
- be a citizen of Nigeria,
- be a self-funded student
- have accepted the offer of a full-time position in a master’s program at the University of Sussex since September 2020.
- Comply with the academic requirements published for the chosen course.
- If your offer is conditional, you must comply with the conditions of your offer before being admitted to the university and obtain the scholarship. To receive the enhanced reward, you must present proof of your first class degree from a recognized institution in Nigeria.
- Register your interest in the scholarship via PG Apply when you accept our offer of a place on an eligible Masters course. If you have applied via one of our overseas representatives, you will need to ask them to do this on your behalf.
- If you are successful, information about the scholarship will be included in your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) for your visa application. If the scholarship information is not showing on your CAS or you want to register for the scholarship after the CAS has been created, please contact the Admissions Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for details
Deadline 1st August Annually.
University of Sussex Scholarships for Nigerian Students -FAQs
Is the scholarship / opportunity offered every year?
Yes. the scholarship is made available every academic year
In which host country will the scholarship students study?
University of Sussex, United Kingdom
What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
Scholarships are for all full-time Masters courses at the University of Sussex (eg, MA, MSc, LLM, MRes), with some exceptions.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a fee reduction of up to £ 3,000.
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation Ph.D. Fellowships for African Students
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel
- Next-Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries
- LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme in the UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.